Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Scariest Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scariest Movie

I just saw The Shining on TV last night, and no matter how many times I watch it, it still sends shivers down my spine.
    I think Burnt Offerings had the same effect on me, but not through the whole movie.
    Any other Really Scary Movies?
    Enabler of DW and 5 kids
    Let's go Mets!

We saw The Blair Witch Project before all of the hype, and I was TERRIFIED. I remember that night I stayed at DH's (who was then my boyfriend) mom's house, and we were sleeping in separate bedrooms even though DH's mom was gone. I went to bed, couldn't sleep because I was too scared from seeing the movie, came out to see DH who was watching TV who couldn't sleep 'cause he was scared too, so we ended up sleeping together on the sofa bed b/c we were each too scared to sleep alone.

Ack, even just thinking about that last scene where the one guy is standing in the corner of the basement... -
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

The Silence of the Lambs ... I LOVE that movie.

I don't bother with the scary slasher kind of stuff (although The Ring totally freaked me out). I guess I'd say the Silence of the Lambs is the highest quality scary mess-with-you-mentally movie, and The Ring was just scary. I guess anything that involves a dead little kid ...

Comment

We went to see The Ammityville Horror in the theatre and SO screamed out loud!! I died laughing and so did everyone in the theatre!!

I love The Exorcist. I haven't seen The Shining because I loved the book so much! The Steven King movies never really scared me that much but I loved The Stand.

Comment

I'm in w/ Fluff on THE SHINING "REDRUM REDRUM"
          The Exorcist
          Rosemary's Baby
          Amityville Horror
          Damian...old school stuff does it for me...

Comment

oh yeah - the Omen and the Exorcist - I love those movies - even the music scares me. But none of them make my heart skip like the Shining.
            Enabler of DW and 5 kids
            Let's go Mets!

Comment

The Omen thanks for the correction!
              oh yeah - the Omen and the Exorcist - I love those movies - even the music scares me. But none of them make my heart skip like the Shining
              ...newer movies just don't stir my imagination, because you know that sooo much of it is computer generated special effects...the older ones really played w/ your mind especially w/ the music, haunting chanting and such.

Comment

Working...
              X