Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Your song!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your song!

Alright, it's time to try to revive this part of the forum, so I'm going to ask you guys a question: What is your song? I.e. the song that defines you as a couple, the song you love listening to together or the song that you first danced to. Most couples seem to have one or a select few songs that fall into this category.

I and the gf have two that stand out. Ben Folds - Landed and Ben Folds - The Luckiest. "Landed" because it really speaks to us. At one point I did land and she came to pick me up and we've been inseparable ever since. "The Luckiest" is who I am because I get to be with her.

Now, you:

Re: Your song!

We have several, but the first that come to mind are Crazy Love by Brian McKnight and Leather and Lace by Stevie Nicks with Don Henley.
    Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Our song is Best Friend by Queen.

and the entire soundtrack to Purple Rain. (we met in person and proceeded to spend four straight days (and nights!!) together and that movie was on TV)

Jenn

Comment

I serenaded him w/Fly Me to the Moon, over the phone, shortly after we met... it's been one of "our songs" ever since!

Comment

It used to be "I love you just the way you are" by Billy Joel.

Recently Shania Twain's "Looks Like We Made It" seems more appropriate.

I have always loved Al Green's "Let's Stay Together" although technically it can't be our song because SIL used it at her wedding.

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkpickles
            I serenaded him w/Fly Me to the Moon, over the phone, shortly after we met... it's been one of "our songs" ever since!
            Our first dance at our wedding was "Fly Me to the Moon." We took a dance class together around the time we got engaged. Must have heard that song a million times while learning to foxtrot. (We still can't foxtrot.)

Now that we are apart to much, we got eachother special ringtones to signal our calls. He hears "Brown Eyed Girl" when I call to wake him in the mornings. I hear "I Just Called to Say I Love You" when he gets back from his on-call late.
            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

My husband maintains it's a toss up between "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong" and "She's a Maniac."

Hey, the man knows me so well. Never let it be said that a sleep-starved, hard-bitten, much-abused neurosurgeon can't keep his temperment as a hopeless romantic.

Comment

Hold On, Tom Waits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74xpualjuhk
                Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Ummm, I think it would have to be "unchained melody" the U2 version!

Comment

Our song is very unfortunate... It's "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion (the Titanic song). It just happened to be the song we were dancing to in high school when he decided to ask me out. The first song we ever danced to was "Never Make a Promise", by Dru Hill, but we weren't even close to dating then, so I don't think he remembers that.

I think "Hands Down" by Dashboard Confessional is much more appropriate for us.
                    Laurie
                    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I can think of 2, "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel and "1,000 Things" by Jason Mraz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJlfqHHDCkA

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
                        My husband maintains it's a toss up between "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong" and "She's a Maniac."
                        Hilarious.
                        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

We don't really have a song that we identify with out "couplehood" but *Ring of Fire* by Johnny Cash never fails to make both of us smile and remember going out when we were just married. Great little bar just around the corner from where we lived. Gosh - I wonder how much money we spent there.

On second thought, probably better to not know...
                          Kris

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool
                            We don't really have a song that we identify with out "couplehood" but *Ring of Fire* by Johnny Cash never fails to make both of us smile and remember going out when we were just married. Great little bar just around the corner from where we lived. Gosh - I wonder how much money we spent there.

On second thought, probably better to not know...

I always thought that song would be great used in a Hemorrhoid commercial! :> ...I'm so bad :run:

Comment

She's No Lady, She's My Wife - Lyle Lovett. We've always loved that song but I couldn't get my mother to approve it for the wedding. Our Frank Sinatra number is "The Best is Yet To Come". Love that one! It is a great song for all those crappy training years!

Modern tunes.....hmmm.....DH says the Romantics "What I Like About You" and "She's Got Everything" always remind him of me. I gave him that tape when we were dating for his broken down Jeep tape player.
                              Angie
                              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Working...
                              X