Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Concert Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concert Season

I've noticed that tickets are starting to go on sale for summer tours. I got tickets to one of my favorite Minnesota bands when they come through here in May, and am considering maybe The Naked & Famous and The Head & the Heart, depending on what DH is in the mood for. And that's just May and early June. I love being back in an actual city. What shows are you looking forward to this year?
    Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

I don't even know who's touring. Most of the shows anywhere around us are super small indie groups. They're fun, but sometimes I just want an epic concert and it not include an overnight stay at least 4 hours away.

Comment

Our concert calendar is pretty sad right now. We do have tickets to see Jack Johnson at Red Rocks in August, though.

Comment

Arctic Monkeys in June, Pink Martini in two weeks. That's pretty much it. Trying to convince my daughter (15) to go to a festival with her mom. Not working out so far.

Angie
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Angie, I love Pink Martini!

Comment

Originally posted by Curegirl View Post
            Angie, I love Pink Martini!
            Agreed! They are a Portland band and totally rock. I love it when they play with the symphony.
            Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Well, we also got tickets to CHVRCHES, which is brain-meltingly sweet Scottish electro-pop that DH and I both adore, and DH is going to go with a friend to the Alabama Shakes when I'm away for my brother's wedding. Looking forward to the concert season!
              Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Our Hangout Fest Tix are supposed to arrive in the mail soon. So So So So excited to see Matt & Kim, Outkast, Fitz, Avett Bros, Black Keys, etc etc. I live in a serious pass-through town too but at least the local music scene is decent. I drive 5 hrs or more a couple times a year for bigger shows (and by "bigger" I mean shows where more than 200 people show up)
                Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

We snagged Lollapalooza tix again this year, I'm SO freaking excited. Eminem, Avett Bros, The Head and the Heart, Fitz, Bleachers, and the rest. Can't wait!!!
                  ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                  -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Working...
                  X