Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Music Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Review

Maybe I should have grown out of this a long time ago but I Love music more than nearly any other form of entertainment. Are there any other out there that still need music to create the soundtrack of your life? I am into so many differant forms and names, even no names for now.... One of my current favs is Joshua Radin... joshuaradin.com has some of his full length songs on it if you want to check them out. I don't know if there are anyothers that would be interrested but I would really love a music review with the movies and the books.

As you wish.

(You will have to share the music throne with Matt -gmdblack. He's my music trivia go-to guy. )
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Yeaaaaaaaaaaa! Thank you thank you 8)

Here is a link to full lenght free Joshua Radin Tunes No download required...

http://www.joshuaradin.com/stream/music_player.php

He is one of my currant favs and hubby says he reminds him of simon and garfunkel Closer is my fav....

Comment

I did a nine hour drive yesterday and bought the new Dixie Chicks cd for the occasion. I love, love, love it. They are all such fine musicians, and I love that their lyrics are personal and universal at the same time.

As many of you know, I am at a place on the political spectrum that would seem to automatically make me NOT a fan of the Chicks, but I absolutely support their right to say what they think, regardless of whether or not I agree with them.

If you haven't heard "Not Ready to Make Nice", find it somewhere and listen to it.

Sally
        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

this is why I think you are SO reasonable!!! it is a great song.

Comment

Thanks, I LOVE the Joshua Radin songs.
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

There's a great band from called Mercy Creek that is kinda folky, kinda bluesy, kinda rock. I know they tour the East Coast so those of you based there- keep your eyeballs peeled. They play a local small Irish bar (the former Flanigans, new name and location escape me- Amy Denise it's really near where you work) in the DC area.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123
                Thanks, I LOVE the Joshua Radin songs.
                Ohh me too and your welcome! I have been listening to Blue October a lot lately and not just the tune on the radio. They have quite a few on the album that I just love. Name of this album is Foiled.

Comment

Can I just tell you I am now obsessed!!!! I am off tomorrow and going to Barnes & Noble to buy whatever they have of his!!!!!!
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I haven't had a chance to listen yet (we don't have sound on the computers at work. )
                    I'm currently listening to Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins, Hem, and Neko Case. I love that funky old country sound in this updated format! Plus, these women have amazing voices!

What's in your CD player??????? :m

Comment

Garbage
                      Frou Frou
                      Imogen Heap
                      Fiona Apple
                      The Cure
                      Ani DiFranco
                      The Faint
                      Rachael Yamagata
                      Cary Brothers
                      The Shins
                      Cold Play
                      Zero 7
                      Iron and Wine
                      Air
                      nirvana
                      Smashing Pumpkins
                      Snake River Conspiracy
                      Norah Jones
                      Shamen
                      I had a lot more that I had discovered on myspace but alas in a fit of disagreacne with the hubby I deleted the site and my new music.

Comment

the former Flanigans, new name and location escape me- Amy Denise it's really near where you work
                        Ri Ra maybe?

Comment

Working...
                        X