Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

my sweet 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my sweet 16

i think that is what the show is called...on MTV. i have watched it a couple times, but it makes me sick..the kids ARE SO SPOILED!!!

i found this clip and it reminded me of the show.

what a BRAT!!!

http://us.video.aol.com/video.index.adp ... id=1819936
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

They are all brats! They whine if they get a mercedez and htey wanted a lexus....I mean come on!

Comment

I love how every kid at some point in the show goes on about how they deserve this or that and that people are going to be soo jealous of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna
        What is wrong with people!?!?
        Parents never set boundaries?

Sadly...this is the kind of crap marketed to our kids as being *normal* in all of the tween shows...it really ruffles my feathers.

kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I don't blame the kids (hell if my parents were going to buy me a Benz everytime I pouted I would have pouted a lot ). The parents don't know how to take care of their kids without spending GDP of a small country.

I have to admit that I do watch the show It's too dramatic to pass up.
          Danielle
          Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Some of the behavior is so over-the-top that I think MTV grooms the teens on what to say. Every episode I have seen (not many - I promise ) shows teens making arrogant, self-centered comments about themselves. Even the most arrogant people I know don't make comments like this every five minutes.

However, it does take me back to high school, when chicks got catty over their debuts. Glad I'm 16 years removed from 16- whew!!

Comment

Hehe, I like this show. I know, it's pure guilty pleasure, but oh well. I just think it's entertaining to watch these little kids parade around like superstars. I agree - Blame the parents, not the kids. I would have pouted too.

Comment

Is that clip for real? I couldnt tell.
                Mom to three wild women.

Comment

These kids are absolute MONSTERS and I blame the parents. Any mother that would stand there and allow her child to call her names and scream at her and then subject herself to her child's every outrageous demand, should get some brains and balls and discipline that child.

Makes me SO MAD.

I can't stand shows like Laguna Beach or Sweet 16. Good thing I don't watch TV because these people make me sick.

Ok, that was my little rant for tonight. Thanks for listening.

Side note: I believe that there is some great editing going on that show...the more extreme the child is, the more entertaining for America. The worse the kids/moms look, the bigger the reaction they will get.

Comment

haha.

You know what makes me want to hit the parents? If I catch some of these shows, I get really riled up at some parents whenever I watch Nanny 911.

*some parents*

I'm not a parent, but it's clear when some parents are trying their hardest and are legitimately concerned and backed into a corner, and then there are the apathetic, lazy parents that really make me mad.

Comment

Working...
                    X