Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Notes from the Underbelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notes from the Underbelly

Anyone going to watch tonight? The previews have been funny so we're going to check it out. Anyone else?

Kate
    Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

I think we probably will - it looks really cute and we don't have something else we religiously watch in that time frame so we'll give it a try.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I'm looking forward to this one too. Hopefully they didn't put all the funny stuff into previews and there are still a few things we haven't seen yet.

Comment

I don't know if I'll watch. What's the premise of it?
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I didn't think it was as funny as the commercials for it. Could have been the toothpain but it was just ok.

Comment

So we ended up not watching it b/c the regular time slot is Wednesdays at 7:30 and we watch Jericho religiously on Wednesdays.
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

i watched most of the first one, and all of the second one. i thought some parts were funny. but, i also thought that it might "scare" some future parents.

the neurotic parents to be..the ones further along, that ordered the indian baby. they cracked me up. diaper practice, setting the alarm clock to get up every couple hrs...the wrap for the baby....

the blonde chick...she has been on VH1 before, and big fat actress...i think she is a hoot. i love her dry humor.

seeings how not much else is on on a thursday other than ugly betty, i'll prob. watch it if the kids are in bed.

ETA: "so i thought an ob/gyn office would be a good place to pick up chicks"

"yeah, i guess when they're getting the motor (?) checked, they're really not into it"

that was funny (i know its not all correct, but thats what i remember)
              ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Doh - I missed it! I set up the VCR but it didn't tape. I think my VCR decided it was time to spring forward again because the clock was set to 1 hour ahead. I know that DH didn't change the clock...so that is the only explaination I can think of.....

Sounds like I didn't miss anything though!

Kate
                Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbabies
                  seeings how not much else is on on a thursday other than ugly betty, i'll prob. watch it if the kids are in bed.
                  The show's regular slot is Wednesday at 8:30 eastern time. I thought it was cute, but not laugh out loud funny. I'll probably watch if I get ABC on Saba and if I'm not doing anything at that time.
                  Cristina
                  IM PGY-2

Comment

I watched. The first thing I noticed was that they skipped from getting the postive pregnancy test straight to her 10th week. Further evidence that not even professional comedy writers can make those weeks amusing.

I thought some of the individual jokes were funny, like when they were getting the first ultrasound and the doc is like "There's your baby! Isn't it magical?" and the father is like "Yeah! . . . . . . Okay, I can't see what you're talking about."

And the creepy pregnancy portrait with the shirtless father-to-be caressing the giant belly of the mother-to-be with his eyes closed. That was good in a horrifying way.

But the characters were way too annoying. Really self-involved characters are easier to write comedy for than serious responsible ones, I imagine, but they were like too flaky. I wanted to be like "C'mon! You're thirty! Baby or not, you can't possibly still have your heads this far up your %$#@!"

I might be crabby. :run:

Generally I thought the show needed more heart to balance out the funny narcissism.
                    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

But the characters were way too annoying. Really self-involved characters are easier to write comedy for than serious responsible ones, I imagine, but they were like too flaky. I wanted to be like "C'mon! You're thirty! Baby or not, you can't possibly still have your heads this far up your %$#@!"

I might be crabby.
                      I agree with you, but then again we might both be crabby.

Comment

Working...
                      X