Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Who else is an HBO series junkie??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else is an HBO series junkie??

Curb, Entourage, Big Love, John From Cincinnati, Flight of the Conchords, Real Time, Extras...I was a fan of SITC, 6'under,Sopranos, & Da Ali G Show.

What I love about HBO is that you can see all of your favorite shows throughout the week @ various times... I usually catch up on the ones DH & I both like in the evenings when the kids are down. After DH is asleep, I watch John, Extras, and Flight of the Conchords, usually while nursing the baby!

I also enjoy HBOs documentaries & made for HBO movies.

We're currently working our way through Deadwood on DVD.
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I LOVE Big Love!! Can't believe the season is already ending

Comment

We don't have HBO currently (although I'm really tempted to get it), but I've always been a fan of SITC, Sopranos, and I really liked Six Feet Under. I'm sure if we had HBO, I'd be really into the new shows. I may just get the DVDs.
        Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

Did anyone else watch the first episode of Curb tonight?!

I tivoed Tell Me that You Love Me and will watch it tomorrow - is it worth it?
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison
            Did anyone else watch the first episode of Curb tonight?!

I tivoed Tell Me that You Love Me and will watch it tomorrow - is it worth it?
            I caught the second half and will watch it again to see where it goes. It was slow at points but I really think they hit the emotions on the nail. I definitely think it's worth a few episodes to see where they take it.

Comment

Waaaayyyy funny as usual! You'll like it!

Comment

I watched Tell Me that You Love Me, and Davita....? Was that real sex or camera angles?! And what about the final scene where she inspects his unmentionable?

Comment

Allison... yeah the sex was pretty graphic but it didn't really phase me. I liked how the show made the situtations real. Older people get down too.. I know I'm related to a bunch of them. So did you like the show or was it a bit much?

Comment

I heard a review of HBO's fall line up, on Fresh Air/NPR the other day. Even the reviewer was a bit mystified as to why HBO would pair it up w/Curb. :huh:

on another note:
                    He said John From Cinn got canceled...I'm not surprised, even though I liked it!

Comment

It wasn't what I expected, Davita. I read an article about the show prior to seeing it - it was compared to Sex and the City. So, I went in with different expectations. I think the format would be better for a movie not a tv show, but I'll watch again and see what happens. I was glad to see the older couple - dh was a bit more skeeved by it than I was!

Will you watch it again?

I don't understand the lineup either.

Comment

Re: Who else is an HBO series junkie??

I didn't read any reviews of the show so all I had to go by were the previews on HBO. The previews looked good to me. I like people drama. Love Big Love. I don't watch Curb your Enthusiam and I don't usually pay attention to line ups. I just watch the shows when the come on. I would definitely say that the two shows do not got together nor is the show like Sex and the City. I'm going to give it at least 2 more episodes. That's all the patience I have for tv shows especially when you can watch "tv on demand" instead. Are you going to watch it again?

Comment

Love Big Love
                          Davita does your Dh watch it too? I got DH hooked on it...we are big fans. Do you think next season will be about adding #4...ANA?

Comment

I think I'll give it another shot. I love drama too.

We love Curb, but it's hard to watch 1 1/2 hours of tv in one night, so I'll probably tivo it and save it for later in the week. We should meet back here and compare notes again.

Comment

He watched sometimes. He won't admit it, but I know he likes the show. I have a feeling it might be about adding a 4th but I think there are going to be some serious drama with the eldest daughter who is against plural marriage.

Yes, lets come back and compare notes. DH watched the premiere of Tell Me... and he was like it looks like they're really having sex!! And he was suddenly more intune to the show!!

Comment

Working...
                              X