Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Dr. Phil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Phil

Any Dr. Phil fans?? I'm hooked bad........... LOL! I tivo everyday and then watch it at night.
    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Re: Dr. Phil

He is okay, but I don't always agree with his philosophy or methods. One episode with a teenage married couple, he told them that they should get divorced. I totally disagreed with him on this, since that couple had just did the wild thing the night before they came on the show.

Comment

I saw that one!! I was really surprised to hear him say that. But weren't they beating each other up and letting the baby go without formula because they were too lazy to ask their parents for the money?

Comment

I saw that one too. I partially agreed with some of his advice. They needed to grow up and get over themselves. Take responsibility for your children, or give them to your parents who seemed to be willing to provide for them. I can't remember which set of grandparents wanted to take them.
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I think it was his mom that was super involved. And her mother was in the 'i just dont know what to do' phase. I really felt so sorry for the baby and for the grandparents.

What about today's show??? Those girls with body dimorphic disorder. Both girls were so pretty! I really hope they get the help the show offered them. Such a wasted life locked up in the house because of BDD!!

Comment

I saw that one too. That is really tragic. I also felt sorry for the sister who has had to live with that dysfunction. Her life was also screwed up just by having a sibling with the problem.
            Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I wonder if girls like that would cured if they went to a third world country for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by DrWahoo
                I wonder if girls like that would cured if they went to a third world country for a while.
                Very good point. I wonder if bdd is seen in 3rd world countries?

Anyone see that crazy couple he had on today?? The model and the wife beating dad?? When Dr. Phil told the wife she was a 'right' person. Just always had to be right type person. Boy oh boy did I see my sister in law in that lady!!

Comment

Did any one see the Thurs and Friday ep about the French high school teacher that was accused of sleeping with 3 students?????? I was just wondering what you thought after watching Friday's show........ I don't think she really was sleeping with those boys, but something fishy was going on. Something was off about the whole thing!!

Comment

I didn't see it Friday, but todays episode was interesting. That MIL made Alison's MIL look like June Cleaver!!
                    Luanne

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123
                      I didn't see it Friday, but todays episode was interesting. That MIL made Alison's MIL look like June Cleaver!!

Something was really messed up with that lady. I thought the whole story was not being told about the MIL. There was something about her that was messed up. She talked a little bit about how her husband had passed away. Maybe that was it... but there was more there that Dr. Phil didn’t' really dig on. I have seen loss of a loved one truly cripple someone and make them do things they would NEVER imagine doing because of that loss. Maybe that was it... who knows. I hope he does a follow up at the end of the season.

Comment

So today was the Christmas give away show....

Jay's wife looked odd. First off she is very pretty but she couldn't seem to crack a smile or talk! Was she nervous??

Comment

I think she was nervous. I enjoyed the show.
                          Luanne

Comment

it was a really good thing they did!

Comment

Working...
                            X