Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

TBL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TBL

Anyone watching The Biggest Loser?? It's shameful how hooked I am to this season!! Any ideas on who is going to make it to the final 3?? I hope Neil bites the dust after cheating the way he did a few weeks ago!!

Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Re: TBL

I haven't watched this past weeks fully. I did catch a glimspe of that chick cracking her tooth in the pool.
    I wished Kai would have made it. But It think she still has chance with the $100,000.00 Niel just played the game, so I don't fell he cheated. I am more pissed that Isabue back stabbed Nicole. I wish a woman would win for once.

Comment

Totally obsessed!! I love this show. I am sad that B left the show but I don't know if they should let Kim coach again...how do you lose your whole team!! Wonder if she will just be gone next week. Oh yeah...Neil should go home for that cheating incident.
      Danielle
      Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Ugh, this show! I have a whole list of problems with it, and yet I can't stop watching it!

It's so compelling to see those people losing all that weight, and I think there are a number of likable contestants this year, but I think it really sends out some bad messages about weight loss to overweight America (like that you have to take a four-month leave of absence from your job and family and work out hours a day and lose 7 pounds a week in order to get the job done--most people at home obviously won't be able to do that, and they shouldn't feel that they can't take off their weight otherwise). Plus competing to see who can lose weight quickest isn't exactly healthy.

And although it could be a lot worse, and although a lot of reality contest shows strip their contestants of dignity, I think this one too often does it in a freak-show way that fuels bigotry against fat people (like the shirtless weigh-ins, or challenges like having them all squish through piles of doughnuts with their hands. Ew. )

And I'll also admit to quite a bit of schadenfreude about what happened to Kim. :> I think her disdain for fat people is very thinly veiled and she doesn't understand the psychology of a chronic weight problem at all. Bob is a huge cheezeball but I think he "gets it." And Jillian's all right, too.

I kind of don't care who wins because the structure of this show really rewards mediocrity (the best competitors are sent home before the end), but I am eager to see the finale and how everyone is doing now. Although I hope Neil doesn't win. I kind of hope Bill wins, if he can last. And that it doesn't come between him and his brother.
        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I'm with Julie. I'm so glad I don't have to watch or hear KIM on the show for the next 2 weeks. I hated to see B go, but I just couldn't stand the way Kim acts on the show.

I am just going to put it out there........ I cried when Nicole got voted off tonight! She worked so hard from the start and was so positive the whole time. I about fell off the futon when she only lost that 1 pound. :huh:

Comment

Neil is gone and good reddens! Cheaters can't win.......

As of now I'm pushing for Julie or Bill. What Bill said on the scale this week was just heart breaking. This show really changes lives and it's amazing to see week after week.

Comment

Well it's over. Alison Sweeney was really struggling through the whole finale. She looked a little flustered. I didn't like having her host the show,because I just kept thinking of Sami who is crazy on DOOL.

I think a woman will never win this show. They lost an amazing amount of weight, but unless they became wafer thin and stop putting on muscle there was no way any of the women could lose half their body weight, like the twins.
              I think Jez looked the best, but I wonder if him and Brian had the flaps of skins cut off.

Comment

Alsion is an awkward mess with these live things....I can't believe she told the older fella to put his shirt (granted...I wanted the shirt back on too).

I knew the twins would pull away with both wins after I saw the first one get weighed. As odd as the show can be it does make me feel like I can pull it together to lose weight and stay healthy...I just feel bad for the women who didn't lose as much weight once they left the show...and Jez and Neil are completely new people!
                Danielle
                Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

I Love This Show!

1. Please don't bring Alison back to host. I don't watch Days so that didn't bother me, but I think a comedian like Caroline was much better. Just because Alison said she has had weight problems and is on soaps…. That doesn't make her a good host. I've read her blog and she really cares for the contestants, but it doesn't come off well on TV.

2. I am so happy the twins won this thing even tho I was really pushing for Julie. When she first came out and I saw how SMALL she was… I thought she had it in the bag!! I just don't see how she could have gotten any smaller?? I know Bob Green always says that women have to be near perfect with diet in order to lose the same as a man. Sucks...

3. I really was touched by what Bill said in regards to his motivations to losing weight. He talked of losing close friends to obesity. For me personally I have known 3 people that have passed on directly due to obesity. It's amazing to me he turned all of that around with good old fashion diet and exercise! Of course it was intense training with professionals, but still it gives us hope. Tons of hope!

4. I was annoyed at all the yelling from people in the audience. For some reason I love it for American Idol. For TBL it was like a non stop annoying screaming match the whole show.

5. It starts up again on 1/1/08 and I'll be watching even tho I'll be in the middle of my cross country move. LOL!

6. I also wondered if they had the belly flab cut off.... And I wonder if Gillian gets a bonus for training the biggest loser?? Did you notice it looked like Kim wasn't coming bac for the 1/1/08 show? HAHAHA

Comment

Julie looked totally amazing. I just saw her again on Larry King Live tonight. Sometimes I really forget how far they really have come. I think all the contestant gain at least 10% of their weight back. There is no way that they can maintain that diet and exercise for life. They were working out at least 6 days a week for 3 hours.

I thought the twins looked really sickly and kind of questioned what they did to get that small. I am not always so sure that those guys aren't starving themselves.

Another issue women have to deal with that men don't is water retention and hormones.

I wish the finales were cut in two episodes like they were in the past. I think all the changes that they made should be properly acknowledged.

Finally how many of the contestant do you think will upgrade their SOs ?

Comment

Originally posted by DrWahoo
                      A lot of them had hot SOs to begin with, I noticed. And a lot of the ones who had fat spouses, the spouse at home lost weight as well.

I'm glad the twins won, and it was nice to see everyone looking terrific.

I'm not holding my breath for a female biggest loser anytime soon, though females have always made it to the finals :huh: . And I think the women-retain-water thing was probably the reason that Nicole fell below the yellow line in the week that she was voted off.
                      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

[/quote]And I think the women-retain-water thing was probably the reason that Nicole fell below the yellow line in the week that she was voted off.[/quote]

I thought the exact same thing. I bet it was like at the very peak of her high water retention. My doc told me last week it's normal to gain up to 5 pounds just in water. I honestly didn't know it was that much.

Comment

Originally posted by DrWahoo
                          Julie looked totally amazing. I just saw her again on Larry King Live tonight. Sometimes I really forget how far they really have come. I think all the contestant gain at least 10% of their weight back. There is no way that they can maintain that diet and exercise for life. They were working out at least 6 days a week for 3 hours.

I thought the twins looked really sickly and kind of questioned what they did to get that small. I am not always so sure that those guys aren't starving themselves.

Another issue women have to deal with that men don't is water retention and hormones.

I wish the finales were cut in two episodes like they were in the past. I think all the changes that they made should be properly acknowledged.

Crap! I missed LK. I would have liked have seen her on there.

And yeah I thought the twins looked ill as well. Do you think it's because older over weight people that lose a lot tend to look deflated and wrinkly??

Comment

Originally posted by moonlight
                            [color=#8000BF
                            And yeah I thought the twins looked ill as well. Do you think it's because older over weight people that lose a lot tend to look deflated and wrinkly??[/color]
                            Maybe it is age. Or just years of the skin being pulled so tight. Al Roker looked horrible when he lost a lot of weight.

Comment

My mom is also "cubby" and tells me all the time over weight people that until they are older to lose it all look especially wrinkly because the skin just hangs from age. She says that her <IMO lame ass> excuses for not going all the way with her weight loss goals. LOL!! mothers... what can ya do?

But now that I think about it they said Julie was near 40ish and she looked really good to me! Perhaps mom's theory is going out the window....

Comment

Working...
                              X