Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Top Chef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Chef

I'm lovin' it. Anyone else?

As much as I claim to disdain "reality" tv - I do enjoy Bravo's take on reality.

Re: Top Chef

I love anything that involves food and cooking!
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Apparently Top Chef is the highest rated cooking show on TV. What does that say about Food Network's programming??????

Although, I will say I've recently become enamored w/Ace of Cakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
        Apparently Top Chef is the highest rated cooking show on TV. What does that say about Food Network's programming??????

now I could totally see you as one of Duff's interns...I'm guessing you'd be all over that!!

Comment

Me too, but I kind of wouldn't consider it a cooking show (and wouldn't want to actually eat one of those cakes, either). If you replaced the cakes with books that place reminds me a lot of my first job in NY. Same workplace vibe and collection of personalities.
          Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I love Top Chef too, did I miss a new one last night? I usually catch it on the re-runs the next week anyway.

I like Ace of Cakes too - I love cool cakes!
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I love Top Chef. It's the only show to keep my interest since "West Wing" was taken off the air. I tune in 99% of the time. I can even get DH to watch with me most evenings.

Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I agree. Nikki seems to have no specific ability other than to crank out pasta really quickly. I could have easily served what she did (and have in the past)!!!

Comment

I agree. Nikki seems to have no specific ability other than to crank out pasta really quickly. I could have easily served what she did (and have in the past)!!!
                  Is it just me or does the over all talent seem to be less this season than others?
                  Flynn

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Originally posted by Flynn
                    Is it just me or does the over all talent seem to be less this season than others?
                    I keep reading that the current talent is the best the show has had yet.

I LOVE Top Chef! I look forward to a glass (or 2) of red while watching. I'm also loving the Chicago location. I grew up there, my 2 sisters still live there, we go back often, so it's nice to see the camera shots of the city. Love it.

Comment

That team was a train wreck - Spike should have gone. The house manager on the other team managed to get the front done and help cook, Spike didn't do jack IMO. Of course the girl on that team is a whiner and always willing to throw anyone under the bus so she should have gone to. I didn't really like Dale, to high strung for me, but he probably shouldn't have been the one to go.

Comment

I was surprised that Dale went home, but also fine with it. I figured it was between Dale & Lisa - Spike managed to weasel his way out of any actual work this episode. I was pulling for Lisa to go. I just can't stand the way she complains and her confrontational body language whenever she's in the bottom group (which is all the time). Dale made his own bed by making a big deal about wanting to be Executive Chef, and then trying to weasel out of the responsiblity. Also, for once Lisa was a tad bit more reasonable during the actual competition, but he didn't tone things down at all.

Comment

I agree with Jane.

I think Dale is the more talented Chef than the other two BUT that's part of the game during "restaurant wars." It's one of the reasons I don't particularly like the challenge. It seems unfair somehow.

I was so bummed in season three when Tre got voted off for being the Executive Chef and making some mistakes! I would have liked to see more of his dishes AND he seemed like such a likable guy. He wanted to win but not in an "at all costs" type of way. He was classy.
                          Flynn

Comment

So sad that Antonia got sent home, she'd done so well to have such a silly mistake eliminate her. What is UP with Lisa's attitude? They're all stressed, surprised to see Antonia go and she gets pissed b/c they don't congratulate her. :huh: It'll be Stephanie or Richard, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
                              So sad that Antonia got sent home, she'd done so well to have such a silly mistake eliminate her. What is UP with Lisa's attitude? They're all stressed, surprised to see Antonia go and she gets pissed b/c they don't congratulate her. :huh: It'll be Stephanie or Richard, I think.
                              ITA! Lisa is difficult to be around I imagine.

I really like both Stephanie and Richard so I really hope one of them WINS!
                              Flynn

Comment

Working...
                              X