Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Olympic Opening Ceremonies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic Opening Ceremonies

Who watched? What did you think?

I missed a good portion of the artistic part of the ceremonies, turning it on shortly before the big globe thing w/all of the people running around on it. What I saw was really fabulous - I'll be looking for clips (and I'm sure I'll find them) throughout the games.

Re: Olympic Opening Ceremonies

I tuned in about an hour into it, but I got to see quite a bit of the artistic part. There were tons of dancers/performers often performing the same movements in unison, like dance, choreography, and martial arts. It was really impressive. The commentary is always distracting for me, but I thought the performance was really creative and entertaining.
    Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

I tivoed it, but caught the last hour when the guy was running around the stadium to light the torch. WOW! Just... WOW! I then caught some snippets from the whole thing and it looks like it was awesome. I'm going to watch it later.

I also saw the interview with the Chinese NBA player, Zao Min? Is that his name? I remember when he could barely piece a sentence together in English, and now....he's fluent!

Chinese people never cease to amaze me.
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Chicago is going to have to learn from the Chinese what fireworks are, before they can even compete for the Games. Did you see them?! Olympic rings fireworks?! Again, WOW!
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison
          Chicago is going to have to learn from the Chinese what fireworks are, before they can even compete for the Games. Did you see them?! Olympic rings fireworks?! Again, WOW!
          Well, I am sure the world will give Chicago a break. After all, fireworks did come from China. You should see the 10/10 celebrations in Taiwan. I watched it this morning and was pretty darn impressed by it all. I suppose I am a little biased.

Comment

The fireworks were cool ... but all I kept thinking was "that can't be helping the air quality any!"

Comment

We missed the first part and only saw the parade of nations and the lighting, I thought the lighting was very cool.
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

i thought it was amazing. i loved the beginning with all the drums. china knows how to put on a show for sure!
                ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Working...
                X