Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

TV guilty pleasure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV guilty pleasure?

What is your favorite show[s] that you consider a guilty pleasure?

I would say mine are Project Runway and my Life on the D List.

What about you?

Re: TV guilty pleasure?

D list is funny.

My guilty pleasure is "Flipping Out". I love the real estate and capitalist angle and secretly appreciate the sadism in the employer / employee relationships on the show. http://www.flippingout.com/

Comment

The Hills
      Tori and Dean
      Big Love

Comment

Re-runs of "The Nanny" (on Lifetime TV)

Comment

I get House on Netflix and that led me to this whole series of Jeeves and Wooster with the House guy as Bertie Wooster. I can't wait for the next one to arrive.

On regular TV - If I really want to space out I watch those American Idol thingies.

Comment

Geez, DH and I watch a lot of TV and I would have to say my guilty pleasures are mostly reality shows like:

Survivor
            Big Brother
            The Real Housewives
            Dr 90210
            The Biggest Loser
            Nashville Star
            Last Comic Standing

Non Reality Shows would be:
            The View
            Grey's Anatomy
            Desperate Housewives
            Nip/Tuck

DH is like a moth to a flame to just about any VH1 countdown. We also enjoy watching The Daily Show and The Colbert Report, those guys are a riot!
            Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Definitely The Hills, Laguna Beach, and the Bachelor.
              Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
              Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

My junk -

The Real Housewives
                Tori and Dean
                Dr. 90210
                Desperate Housewives
                Boston Legal (lurve it!)
                Hopkins
                Barefoot Contessa
                The Office

Comment

Don't you ever....I mean ever call the Barefoot Contessa junk or a guilty pleasure again.

Comment

The Whole family: Quantum Leap reruns on the Ion channel
                    DH: The Deadliest Catch (If fellowship breaks him, you can find him off the shores of Alaska)
                    Me: Lifetime Movie Network

Kelly
                    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf
                      DH: The Deadliest Catch (If fellowship breaks him, you can find him off the shores of Alaska)
                      There is nothing wrong with watching the Hansen brothers and listening to Mike Rowe. I *heart* this show and I'm not the least bit embarrassed to admit. On a Tuesday night, E has a A LOT to live up to!!

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
                        Guilty Pleasure? As in it's a little embarrassing that I watch it?

Gossip Girl. And I'm sooooo excited for 90210 to start. I think it will be postively awful and I can't wait!
                        I just realized that they're doing a new 90210. I have no doubts that it will be positively awful, but I'll be right there watching it. We can compare notes.

Comment

Originally posted by uvagradk
                          Don't you ever....I mean ever call the Barefoot Contessa junk or a guilty pleasure again.

Actually, I dvr it.

Comment

Deadliest Catch and Jeeves and Wooster can *not* be guilty pleasures. They're both totally awesome.

Birdie, if you like Hugh and Stephen in Jeeves and Wooster, look for "A bit of Fry and Laurie" - it's them when they're even younger, and very very funny. If you're new to britcoms, I can throw *lots* of good recommendations your way. Also, if you like Mike Rowe, I do hope you watch Dirty Jobs, too!

My guilty pleasures? Hmmm. How Clean is Your House, You Are What You Eat, Mission Organization, Devine Design, Jon and Kate plus 8 (I get constant crap from DH about that last one).
                            Sandy
                            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by poky
                              Deadliest Catch and Jeeves and Wooster can *not* be guilty pleasures. They're both totally awesome.

Birdie, if you like Hugh and Stephen in Jeeves and Wooster, look for "A bit of Fry and Laurie" - it's them when they're even younger, and very very funny. If you're new to britcoms, I can throw *lots* of good recommendations your way. Also, if you like Mike Rowe, I do hope you watch Dirty Jobs, too!

My guilty pleasures? Hmmm. How Clean is Your House, You Are What You Eat, Mission Organization, Devine Design, Jon and Kate plus 8 (I get constant crap from DH about that last one).
                              This reminded me we also watch Jon and Kate plus 8. I get crap from DH about it too, but it helps that he's outnumbered because both the DD's love it and insist on watching every episode with me. I think they relate because the kids are the exact ages of mine, of course just less.
                              Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Working...
                              X