Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The Bachelor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bachelor

Is this happening? Is anyone watching this??? What a wacko. Clearly doesn't know what he wants.
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Re: The Bachelor

Definitely a wacko and I was a big fan of his up until last night. When the "after" show started and i got the gist of what was going on, I wanted to throw something at the TV. Then when Molly came out and actually giggled and laughed and basically agreed to take him back, I wanted to be sick. He is a total loser and she is going to regret getting involved with him. Blech. What a waste of my time!

Comment

I totally agree. What a big jerk.
      Tara
      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I really did like him before this too!

And I actually thought it was very irresponsible of him to dress up Ty and have him there after the last rose ceremony if he wasn't 100% sure. I thought Melissa had every right to be very angry because he didn't have to propose, lots of them didn't.
        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

This was leaked early by a blog (http://www.realitysteve.com/), so I knew ahead of time what was going to happen. But, watching the show made it even worse. I can't believe they showed this on national TV - shame on ABC in my opinion.
          Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

I saw some of it this morning on GMA. The first thing that comes to mind is the fact that the courtship is not realistic - no one is in their own environment where work/friend/family stressors are present. In addition, those dates are amazing. Who would not fall in love when all your dates were so romantic?

Given the fact that a child is involved now makes me think that bachelor dude better get his act together. Therefore, if Melissa is no longer "the one" then he needed to make that clear. Now the public way that he did it makes me think that it was part of the "show". For all we know, he has signed his life away and the show dictates what he can or cannot do. I can understand bringing all parties involved for an "after show" show in order to explain to viewers what happened but I wsh they had had all the conversations in private before sitting in front of the camera. Getting dumped in front of a camera is not TVs classiests moments and I would want to believe that bachelor dude would not have wanted it done that way. BUT ratings are ratings.

Now, for the girl that took him back........c'on!!! I would not have jumped in his arms. She is in the same boat as the other - now that all are in the real world, how will they cope.
            Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Originally posted by medpedspouse
              Now the public way that he did it makes me think that it was part of the "show". For all we know, he has signed his life away and the show dictates what he can or cannot do. I can understand bringing all parties involved for an "after show" show in order to explain to viewers what happened but I wsh they had had all the conversations in private before sitting in front of the camera. Getting dumped in front of a camera is not TVs classiests moments and I would want to believe that bachelor dude would not have wanted it done that way. BUT ratings are ratings.
              That's what Reality Steve said -- that ABC planned it for ratings, which makes it even worse. But, it just goes to show that you really have to take these "reality" shows with a HUGE grain of salt.
              Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

Originally posted by Urowife
                Originally posted by medpedspouse
                Now the public way that he did it makes me think that it was part of the "show". For all we know, he has signed his life away and the show dictates what he can or cannot do. I can understand bringing all parties involved for an "after show" show in order to explain to viewers what happened but I wsh they had had all the conversations in private before sitting in front of the camera. Getting dumped in front of a camera is not TVs classiests moments and I would want to believe that bachelor dude would not have wanted it done that way. BUT ratings are ratings.
                That's what Reality Steve said -- that ABC planned it for ratings, which makes it even worse. But, it just goes to show that you really have to take these "reality" shows with a HUGE grain of salt.
                Molly didn't seem nearly as surprised as you'd think she would be. Plus all the other women who didn't get the final rose would talk about how they had moved on blah, blah, blah. Her conversations were very leading. She's not as good an actor as Jason.

I think I may be the only one on the planet that doesn't like Jason. He always seemed creepy to me. Plus, what kind of man cries that much. Seriously, get it together dude.
                Tara
                Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I watched the host on the Bachelor this morning on GMA. Did anyone else see it?

He basically said that the show does not make anybody do anything. Therefore, the bachelor did not have to break things off as he did....like he stated to some magazine. So, I suppose cancel out my post about ratings -

Who knows where the truth lies.

Still, I found it funny that the host pretty much threw the bachelor under the bus and then backed up.

I know I should not laugh - but I suppose I'm evil that way.
                  Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I guess this backs up my initial belief that Jason is a creep.
                    Tara

Comment

While I don't think the network forced him to pick the wrong person only to change his mind as Reality Steve suggests, I do think the host set him up to make the break up appear public. It is a bummer how that all worked out. When I was watching the finale, I really thought he picked the right girl. Melissa just seemed more natural with his son and his family. If he had picked Molly first and then changed his mind to Melissa, as much of an asshole move that would've been, I could at least understand the reasoning behind it. But the other way around, I just don't get.

I only watched this season because I thought he was a good guy and I could relate to what it's like to date as a single parent. Seems like I really misjudged his character! I feel really bad for Melissa, I can't imagine how humilating that must be. It's a good thing she didn't already uproot her life move to Seattle. If I were Molly, I would definitely put off the move as well seeing how fickle the he is.

BTW, does anyone else think Molly resembles Kate Winslet?
                      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Dh and I watched this season, because we wanted to see the shots of Seattle. Yeah, everyone I know lives on a houseboat.

The whole situation of dating 25 girls and then BAM! having to pick one to marry is so contrived and utterly ridiculous, but these people know what they're signing up for.

I'm sure Melissa's parents are thankful that they didn't show their faces on tv!!! That seems like the most normal thing about this entire season.
                        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                        X