Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Mercy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercy

NBC keeps showing commercials of this new show Mercy, it looks horrible. All I have seen are the previews so far and she has dissed doctors in it 3 times already. It is just sad they would put such an immature show on prime time.

Don't you know? According to our beloved Government, doctors are evil, overcharging money-grubbers. Unless they are on board with the AMA, they are clearly not acting in the best interests of their patients. As the Savior explained last week, they removed tonsils unnecessarily and are denying people preventative care (note to self: can't WAIT for the Government to start using non-doctors...like lawyers--like Obama--...to decide what medical procedures are appropriate). Doctors are in cohoots with Satan himself--the health insurance companies.

No wonder a show like this was pitched to and received well by Hollyweird. Where the movie moguls have their own private physicians.

Comment

I know it's so sad. DH was telling me about a sign he saw a sign a few weeks ago that had a Doctor wearing a top hat, holding a handful of money. Most people don't think of all the years they put into education, debt they collect with interest capitalizing, liability insurance, years they have held back on saving for retirement. You are right though, it seems like the government and "Hollyweird"..lol, are playing down the role of doctors. They are now the evil villians.

Comment

Wow I keep seeing ads and it IS really annoying me - you're right they portray her as the smart hardworking nurse surrounded by lazy dumb doctors!
        Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

I've already eliminated FB and I don't even watch primetine television...and most people think my life is worse for it...I beg to differ!

Comment

Did anyone watch this last night?

I came home from class at 8:03 and already DF had found an error in the procedure that she did (as I'm walking in the door there was no "hello honey", it was "this show is so stupid...blah blah blah"). Something about a pneumothorax should be entered up by the top of the neck versus in the abdomen like she did. In layman's terms, she basically didn't follow the standard of care when it comes to an injury like that.

Veronica's character was definitely grating on my nerves. She seems too smug, too all-knowing. Like screaming about how her proposed "treatment" for a patient could have saved his life and that the doctor simply chose to ignore her recommendation? And doing all of it within earshot of the patient's mom? I mean they show her to have some flaws: PTSD, love triangle, etc., but this was not enough for me to overcome her abrasive behaviors in the hospital. Actually, I've wanted to punch her in the face since the commercials for this show started airing in August.

And I love the Irish stereotypes. Because Irish = drunk and brawling all the time.

Michelle Tractenberg's character was cute, but way too naive for a nurse who graduated at the "top of her class" - it was like she didn't do any rotations during her time in school. The other nurse (can't remember her name) that they are following was okay, but I was annoyed that she beat up a patient with a tray and then punched him in the face. Granted, he assaulted her first, but I thought that was a bit over the top.

Overall, I feel like this show is just another overly dramatic depiction of the medical establishment. You can check out what the critics are saying here: http://www.metacritic.com/tv/shows/mercy
            Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

DH and I saw a preview this week and came to the conclusion that the purpose is to insult both Drs and nurses. Yuck!
              -Deb
              Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Working...
              X