Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Mad Men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad Men

Anyone watch?? Best show on tv, imo.

I'm curious about the way residency worked in the '60s. Joan's husband didn't make chief resident, and apparently he's reputation is so awful he can't be a surgeon in NY. So, he'll have to be another type of doctor. Will he have to do a new residency like he'd have to if it happened today?
    Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Oh, she'll stay somehow; she has to. Maybe Greg-the-rapist-surgeon will get to be a cutter overseas... in Vietnam. And that gives her a better excuse to go back to Sterling Cooper?

Or maybe Don will open up his own shop and/or go in-house at Hilton and take Joan with him.
    Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

ADDICTED TO IT. Love the show.

I was floored by the fall out from the "I didn't make chief!" subplot. I had no idea this could "destroy" your reputation in NY...at least, in the 1960s.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
        ADDICTED TO IT. Love the show.

I was floored by the fall out from the "I didn't make chief!" subplot. I had no idea this could "destroy" your reputation in NY...at least, in the 1960s.
        Well, I don't think it was just not making chief but also his "mentor" telling him he sucks, basically.

Comment

I love this show too, and I have a feeling Joan is gonna get rewarded for her quick thinking last episode with a new job, but then again I could wrong

Basically his mentor said he was so bad, he was not going to have a career as a surgeon. That - would suck.

Comment

Love Love the show! I think they will promote Joan as well, she must stay. .
            Danielle
            Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

WOW - yesterday was interesting! So, question, skip if you didn't see it:

Did Pete Campbell rape the nanny? Or did he forcefully get her to consent? . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Color_Me_Sulky View Post
                WOW - yesterday was interesting! So, question, skip if you didn't see it:

Did Pete Campbell rape the nanny? Or did he forcefully get her to consent? . . .
                Welll... is forceful consent really consent?

So, yes, rape.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCHoosier View Post
                  Welll... is forceful consent really consent?

So, yes, rape.
                  Thing is they didn't clarify that. She did grab him when he kissed her and didn't push him... But she told on him, and it was obvious she wasn't looking for ANYTHING from him. I guess I'm just wondering from others how gray was this episode.

Comment

Working...
                  X