Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Melrose Place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melrose Place

Anyone watching the new series?

My Mom used to watch the original one and I started watching the last few seasons with her. It was always a bit far-fetched but I loved the Sydney, Michael characters. So well played.

I'm glad to see them still involved and I'm looking forward to seeing if it will be as good.
    Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
    Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Your mom? I can't possible be THAT old?!!!!

I used to watch the original, I'm giving the new one a try. It's kind of bugging me that they're bringing EVERYONE back!!! I'll give it a few more episodes. I'm not sold on little miss I have to sell sex to pay for medical school. I was never a Sidney fan. I always like Billy and Allison, even though I wanted to smack Billy half of the time....

Comment

I watched the original series. I can't get into the new MP though... I liked Jake and Jo. I wanted to slap Billy upside the head all the time, too.
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I used to watch the old series - I loved the fact that NOBODY on the show was like anybody I knew - truly an escape. And they were all so amazingly beautiful.
        I can't see getting into it now. Who has the time?
        Enabler of DW and 5 kids
        Let's go Mets!

Comment

Originally posted by madeintaiwan View Post
          Your mom? I can't possible be THAT old?!!!!

I used to watch the original, I'm giving the new one a try. It's kind of bugging me that they're bringing EVERYONE back!!! I'll give it a few more episodes. I'm not sold on little miss I have to sell sex to pay for medical school. I was never a Sidney fan. I always like Billy and Allison, even though I wanted to smack Billy half of the time....
          my Mom is only 47, me 25. My parents always get the "You have a married daughter?? But you're so young"

I'm going to wait and see too. I think we watch these remake's out of nostalgia more than anything. They're never as good as the original's. The prostitution to pay for medical school is unbelievable. Hasn't she heard of student loans like the rest of us. But, that's Melrose Place, anything can happen.

I really like that aspect of it. It was so unrealistic and you never knew what would happen next.

I had to double-check the title of this thread. I live in Melrose Park. I get them confused
          Last edited by MrsC; 09-24-2009, 03:15 PM.
          Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
          Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Working...
          X