Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

John Adams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Adams

We don't have HBO so I missed this when it was on the first time. Holy Moly- it was amazing! No wonder it won all of those 2008 Emmys. Laura Linney turned INTO Abagail Adams.

If you haven't seen it, you must. We spread out our viewing over a week and a half. It was funny because I got it for me, thinking that my husband would end up playing poker in the other room but nope, he was more in to it than I was. (which is saying something) All week he'd say stuff like, "so, we're going to watch John Adams tomorrow, right?"

Jenn

PS- I have a total crush on Thomas Jefferson. at least that particular Thomas Jefferson. Hawt.

One of my good friends has been telling me the same thing. I am going to have to check it out. Thanks.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Re: John Adams

Thomas Jefferson IS hot. Plus I love him for his stances, too... Found a greater appreciation for George Washington.

I'm a fan of the musical 1776, so I was very curious about the John/Abigail relationship.

I missed the final episode when it was on, but I figured it was just going to be everyone dying. I think it'd be cool to rewatch.

PS I totally cried when they read the Declaration of Independence. Anyone else?
      Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

The last episode is full of endings but it's awesome because it contains the letters from Adams and Jefferson where they basically reforge their friendship.

And Adams last words were "Jefferson survives." (even though he didn't, he died the exact same day- July 4, 1826- 50 years after the Declaration of Independence. Kind of a bizarre coincidence, no?)

Jenn

Comment

I LOVED this mini series,Z and I watched it together.
          Laura Linney is one of our fave actresses.

http://www.medicalspouse.com/forums/...ght=John+Adams
          Last edited by Momo; 11-23-2009, 11:00 PM.

Comment

My neighbor just finished watching this and has offered me the DVDs. I guess I should say yes!
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by NYCHoosier View Post
              I'm a fan of the musical 1776, so I was very curious about the John/Abigail relationship.
              Ok, so my entire perception of the Declaration of Independence is based on 1776. I can practically recite it, I've seen it so many times.

Anyway, I got the DVDs of this for my birthday and have watched about half of it. I really like it.

Now go watch 1776 if you haven't before.
              Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

I read 1776 in the jury duty pool room in DC. I read the whole thing- I put it down only to grab a bite at Cosi for lunch and even then read it while eating my lunch before going back to the room.

Awesome book.

The Adams dvds have a great interview with David McCollough that's worth watching as well.

jenn

Comment

We watch the 1776 musical in this house, too! It was one of our first AppleTV purchases. I always picture the "Is there anybody there?" song when I'm truly frustrated with Congress....
                  Angie
                  Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                  Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

1776 family here too. I always hear, "somebody open up a window" in my head when it gets ridiculously hot at work (school). Though watching it as a child and watching it as an adult, well the level of understanding of some of the implied stuff in that movie... Woah.
                    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

I just had to google 1776. Looks interesting.

Comment

Working...
                      X