Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Glee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I finally watched it last night. Can somebody remind me what the significance of the name Beth was?

I actually thought Olivia Newton-John and Josh Groban were hilarious.
    Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

In the Gaga episode, Puck wanted to name the baby Jackie Daniel. Then he grew up and suggested naming the baby "Beth" after serenading Quinn with a Kiss song called Beth.
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Didn't Quinn to the Papa Don't Preach number with the whole "I'm keeping my Baby!" line, though? I thought she waffled on the adoption decision after the secret pregnancy with Teri fell through. I also thought the Rachel story line was a bit horrid. But, it's Glee. Not something serious and realistic ....like Desperate Housewives or Lost.
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
          Didn't Quinn to the Papa Don't Preach number with the whole "I'm keeping my Baby!" line, though?
          No, all along she's wanted to give the baby up. Papa Don't Preach was just the obvious choice for the pregnant girl, and it's the lyric. Finn & Puck both wanted to keep the baby at times, and Quinn has always said no. All the way to when Puck said "I know you want to give her up, but can we name her Beth first?"

Fox is replaying from the start now, and watching the earlier episodes is reminding me of how fabulous it was, and hoping they can get back to it. As punishment to Finn & Rachel for using the Cheerios xerox machine, Sue Sylvester said "I recommend that both of these students be hobbled."

Comment

From the Glee wiki:

Puck tries to convince Quinn he should be with her. He says that it's his kid as well, so he should be the father. Quinn decides to give Puck a chance and maybe even keep the baby, so she lets Rachel distract Finn. She then invites Puck to babysit with her, which leads to a surprisingly good time. Later, though, Santana shows Quinn the "sexts" she and Puck have been exchanging while the two were babysitting. Immediately, Quinn confronts him about it. Puck tells her he wants to take the responsibility about the kid, but he won't change his lifestyle because of that. This is the moment when Quinn sees what's going on again and comes back to her conclusion to give away the baby because she's going to need a strong father figure in her life. This is because Quinn cannot provide a good father without crushing Finn's dreams or feeling cheated on by Puck.
            This is the episode with Papa Don't Preach and the babysitting date with Puck. That's the one that confused me because she did consider keeping the baby and being with Puck - but abandoned the idea when he turned out to be Puck the Schmuck, again.
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite

Comment

Aha! I stand corrected. I totally forgot about the babysitting / quick change of heart. And here I thought I was a Glee devotee ... I was probably focused on Puck w/an acoustic guitar.

Comment

I remembered the moment - but I didn't realize that the quick change of heart happened in probably half an episode. They do move quick, don't they? I have to screen the episodes for my daughter (10) because she likes to watch and only some are appropriate for her. I'm probably watching it with a different viewpoint.

Does anyone know when it starts up in the Fall?
                Angie

Comment

Wait a minute. . . she didn't want to keep the baby with Puck because the baby needs a strong father figure? Isn't Ms. Corcoaran single?
                  Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

It's GLEE! It doesn't need to be consistent! Just .... in harmony with good dance moves.
                    Angie

Comment

Working...
                    X