Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Top Chef DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Chef DC

Is anyone watching this? I love this series and this one seems good to but last night's quickfire just ticked me off and I have to post about it. The challenge was to create a meal for the two judges that could then be puree'd into a baby food. The two winning meals were NOT infant friendly. One had honey in it and the other had lobster in it - I really hope Padma and Tom didn't really feed those dishes to their kids.

That is all
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

I watch. I get annoyed with things like that sometimes. My big thing this season was the lunch for the kids and the use of peanut butter. The past two districts I have worked in, One in Texas, one in Maryland both were very strict on no peanuts or any allergenic foods. The kids that had peanut allergies could eat the lunches knowing they were safe for them, and then a bunch of the teams made items with peanut butter. ...

On a more nit picky note, it drives me crazy when they are catering huge events and there is not ONE vegetarian option in the whole place. I am sorry, but at that thing for the interns, you have political people and you are going to have SOME vegetarians. I know they are competing to win and not please the crowd... But I love the show anyway.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

I am enjoying Top Chef this season like I have all the other seasons. I agree there were some problems with the lunch challenge but it's nice that for once they don't have hundreds of dollars and a stocked pantry to make a good meal and that it highlighted the challenges schools have in feeding kids.

Also thought it was hilarious that many of them couldn't actually light a BBQ grill two episodes ago.
      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Love Top Chef!! I don't like Angelo at all this season...not sure why he hates Kenny so much. My pet peeve is when they portray it as if the chefs only have 2-5 hours to prep and cook but then you see them taking cold (already cooked) short ribs out of the fridge! Clearly they cut a lot out for editing purposes but that stuff ends up annoying me.
        Danielle
        Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

I love that it's in DC... I love spotting DC things. (For the record, the Whole Foods they go to is in Maryland.)

DH was not annoyed by the baby food but figured that some pediatricians would be.
          Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Working...
          X