Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The Walking Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Walking Dead

Does anyone watch this show? I'm not usually a fan of scary movies or TV shows, but I can't help it when it comes to zombies and post-apocalyptic themes. This show has me at the edge of my seat every single time. I find myself yelling at the characters for being so incredibly dumb. Having people do stupid stuff makes for great TV, but I always wonder how in the world they managed to survive this long while being so stupid.
    Cristina
    IM PGY-2

My DH loves this show, but I find it to be emotionally wrenching. I watch sometimes, but it never leaves me feeling good. I understand the metaphors, but even the redemption moments are difficult.

It is well-written and well-acted, I think.

Comment

What channel is it on. Sounds like it would be up DH's alley. Not mine, though!
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

It's on AMC, but they have the full episode on the website if you don't have that channel.
        Cristina
        IM PGY-2

Comment

Dh and I watch it. I always feel hopeless for them each time, great acting i guess
          Brandi
          Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

We like it a lot, too! It's based on a graphic novel series (sort of like comic books), and DH has read most of them. Warning - he said it just keeps getting more depressing, but it's really good.
            Laurie
            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

yeah, I read the comics up until things just got ridiculously grim and then I had to stop

from the looks of the second season they're going to keep heading toward that same feeling

but I do think it's a well-made show, and I'll probably keep watching it for a while
              - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

We actually just finished watching the first episode of the first season. DH has a zombie obsession and has been bugging me for awhile to watch it with him. Seeing as he got up at 2AM this morning to sweep and mop the floors AND do a load of laundry, I felt he deserved a treat so I picked it up at the Redbox at 4:30 AM and we caught 3/4 of the episode before be left for work. I'm not a zombie fan but so far it's got my interest.

Apparently AMC has been putting out some great series lately including Mad Men which we're big fans of. Has anyone watched Breaking Bad? I've heard that's pretty good too and since it's filmed here I'm curious about it.
                Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

a bunch of my friends watch it and love it, but I get the impression it's a bit too gritty and real for my preferred type of "escapist" entertainment
                  - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

Working...
                  X