Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fairy Tale Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairy Tale Shows

There are two new shows on, both based on the fairy tale world. Is anyone watching?

I found them both to be entertaining and interesting. Grimm is much darker and I can see how they can fall into the pit of running out of story lines to go with if they keep up the one story per episode type of plot. I still think it can be a very interesting show.

While Grimm is more law and order meets buffy the vampire slayer and supernatural, Once Upon A Time is more Enchanted meets the lion the witch and the wardrobe meets lost (but not much). Its written by the writers of lost, which makes me concerned it might get very confusing and involved, but I like the pilot and the storyline in which is allows for just about anything to happen. Its fun to figure out who each character is, and they stretch not only from Grimm fairy tales but have other fairy tales such as Pinocchio.

I really didn't need two more shows to be watching. I am interested to see if one, both or neither keeps my attention.
    Last edited by L.Jane; 10-29-2011, 02:43 PM.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

I haven't heard of either of these. Have you read the Brother's Grimm Fairy Tales? It is much darker than your run-of-the-mill childhood fairy tales, I wonder if that show follows the book? I'll check them out, thanks!
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
      I haven't heard of either of these. Have you read the Brother's Grimm Fairy Tales? It is much darker than your run-of-the-mill childhood fairy tales, I wonder if that show follows the book? I'll check them out, thanks!
      Yeah, I know the Grimm's tales are just that, Grimm. I think that the show could possibly turn into a thriller type show...
      -L.Jane

Comment

We are watching both, and love both so far. We especially like Grimm because it's filmed in Portland and there are some great shots of our beautiful city.
        Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Originally posted by weeniegeniewife View Post
          We are watching both, and love both so far. We especially like Grimm because it's filmed in Portland and there are some great shots of our beautiful city.
          I LOVE when shows do that. I watched the movie Sidney White just because it was filmed on my college campus. (Ironically that's also based on a fairy tale... fits this thread. lol)
          -L.Jane

Comment

Yup, I'm watching Grimm because it is shot in PDX, too. The kids and I kept naming the parts of town they were showing.

I wasn't terribly impressed with it initially, but when they got to the introduction of the goofy sidekick (who happens to be a werewolf), I thought it was better. We'll see. I'll give it a few episodes before I decide one way or the other.

I've been meaning to catch the other one, but just haven't yet.

Comment

We plan on watching Once Upon a Time soon...it piqued both DH and my interest. That's rare.
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Never heard of any of it... But then again I usually only watch shows maybe from 9:30 to 10 or so... Small window there lol.
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

We watched Grimm because it came on after Chuck and we wound up really liking it. I was concerned I was going to have nightmares about it, as I have a really vivid imagination which turns into crazy dreams, but I slept just fine. The story lines look really cool, and there was suspense, which makes for a good TV show. We will try and catch the next episodes, even though our schedules make that hard sometimes.

Spoiler alert: I knew they were going to find the little girl, as they wouldn't kill off a child in the pilot. That wouldn't translate into being renewed for next season. And I think the girlfriend is going to break up with him/disappear/be eaten by a werewolf as she was a non-factor in this episode.
                  Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

I haven't seen the first episode of Grimm yet, but they spent a couple days filming at the park right around the corner from my house. Their "set" was along the path in the park where I walk my dog each afternoon, and the crew was super, super cool about letting us walk through when they weren't filming. It was pretty cool because they brought a BUNCH of extra trees and shrubbery into the park and added fog machines. It looked really spooky in August; I can't wait to see what it looks like on TV.

Comment

I watched and like both!
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                      X