Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Awake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awake

Have any of you watched this new show Awake yet? It's mind blowing.

I don't know how they are going to be able to sustain this. The production value is high and this guy who plays a homicide detective is living parallel lives after an car accident. In one life his son survived the accident then he goes to sleep and wakes up to the other life where his wife survived the accident and the plot moves back and forth between his two lives. I think they may have two writing teams to keep up with the details of each plot because I can imagine it's going to get thick.

It premieres on TV March 1st but the full pilot episode is already on Hulu as a special sneak peak.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/330135/awa...pisode-preview
    PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

I'll check it out, sounds really interesting. (and sad!!)

Comment

I was planning on watching it, so I followed your link and did so. Thanks! I really enjoyed it. Its definitely emotional and I can see how things might get a bit convoluted. Until it does, I'll be watching.
      -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
      Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
      Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

I plan on watching it when it starts. I'd watch Jason Isaacs read the phone book.

Comment

I'm planning on watching it too! I love shows like this, my current obsession is Revenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

The second episode airs tomorrow! They have four episodes slated. I think it's pretty good but I'm worried it will be another high production value show with an original theme that gets the ax like "FlashForward".

official website

Here is the line up of episodes with air dates
            PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

We watched it last week, and it looks pretty good. I think we'll keep watching it.
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

We watched it, I think it will be hard to maintain for a whole season but it was good.

Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

The finale of FlashForward made me so mad!
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

When I learned they were cancelling flashfoward I stopped watching the series because I didn't see the point of being left hanging.
                    PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

Back to Awake. I watched the second episode on hulu.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/337633/awa...guy#s-p1-so-i0

I was thinking that possibly the lead character with the split realities was in a coma living out two dreams and we'd find out at the end of the series when he wakes up. Then in this episode the ending cancelled that theory with the plot point that his chief is monitoring him and knows who caused the accident that killed members of his family and there is some kind of cover up.

I watched the preview for the next episode and it looks good. His son gets kidnapped in one reality and he questions the guy who did it in the other reality for clues.
                      PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
                        I'm planning on watching it too! I love shows like this, my current obsession is Revenge.

Revenge is one of the many shows I got on board with this year!! I couldn't believe what happened at the end of summer engagement party and the things that Victoria lied about "Amanda's" Father!!!! It makes me wonder if life really is like that on the other side hahah.. I don't know what I would do without some of these shows to take my mind off of the complicated ridiculousness that is my own!
                        sigpic
                        buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

Anyone still watching Awake? It just gets better. They are making it work. In the fifth episode they are talking about splitting his realities between where he lives in LA and moving to Oregon in the other one with his Wife. I wonder if they are really going to go through with it and do two different locations.
                          PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

Love the show still.
                            Brandi
                            Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

I saw in the preview for the next episode that there is an explosive event. They ask the question what happens to the other reality if you die in one of them. The end of the last episode the two psychiatrists said that by moving to Oregon he would be disturbing his psyche and setting himself up for a potential situation like what is coming in the next episode. I've been reading some of the comments on hulu where they are debating which reality is the real one and who really died in the accident. There is one person posting a compelling argument that it is the green reality with his son that is the dream. He says he believes the son is the one that died because in film they use the color green to symbolize a break with reality. He cites various examples such as the movie Fight Club and goes in depth into the episodes where the color green is placed with the murder investigations.
                              PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

Working...
                              X