Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Gcb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gcb

I. am. so. crushed.

Rumor has it that GCB has been axed! I am sooo sad! I loved this show and the hilarity of it all and kicking the stereotypes of texas women in the teeth!!
    sigpic
    buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

I am too. I thought it would be stupid but it was refreshingly over the top. I love me some David James Elliot too. I also liked seeing the little nods to Dallas. So few shows are set outside of New York and LA!
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I didn't watch it, but I'm glad I don't have to see promos for it anymore.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I have no idea what in the hell you guys are talking about. What is it?

Comment

I liked it too - it was one of those that was so over the top it was funny.

However when I told DH he just did a little dance, guess he didn't like it as much.
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Bummer. The characters were EXACTLY how I pictured SoonerTexan... just kidding!
            Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
              I love me some David James Elliot too.!
              oh yes! And Mark Harmon!? I had a GIANT crush on him when I was a kid and he was on JAG lol..
              sigpic
              buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
                hahah!!
                sigpic

Comment

I don't know why but I couldn't get into it. I wish I had given it more of a chance after reading all this!
                  Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                  "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSz View Post
                    oh yes! And Mark Harmon!? I had a GIANT crush on him when I was a kid and he was on JAG lol..
                    You *are* watching NCIS, correct? If not, you have 8 seasons of awesomeness to catch up on.
                    Sandy
                    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Naw honey, I grew up in the "new money" burbs. And I actually only moved to Texas in 2002--I was born in Chicago!

But, I do have quite a few friends from the area that is featured on the show and we don't live far from it ourselves. The pilot was filmed a mile or so from where we live now (ironically not in Highland Park...I think they wouldn't let the crew in!)

I liked the Cricket storyline with her husband--it's something you don't see on TV much. Had a lot of depth.

They did a great job with the names. Cricket Caruth-Reilly is spot on...the Caruth family owned all the land Highland Park was built on. And McKinney is totally a Texas name. The show "got" Dallas better than Walker, Texas Ranger. I loved the episode where Heather snagged 500 acres in Las Colinas for her boyfriend's company's headquarters...that would so happen. In Walker, Texas Ranger, "Las Colinas" was this Mexican ghetto area. HAHAHAHA. Oh, and when Cricket and Blake nixed the Hockaday/SMU educated girl as a surrogate because she worked on the Obama campaign. They totally nailed that.
                      Last edited by SoonerTexan; 05-12-2012, 09:11 PM.
                      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

It was one of my guilty pleasures, I loved Cricket & her storyline. And I know ST, I was very much kidding. I thought it was refreshing comedy, really didn't take itself too seriously.
                        Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

And I know ST, I was very much kidding
                          I know

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                            I have no idea what in the hell you guys are talking about. What is it?
                            My thoughts exactly!

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GCB_%28TV_series%29

Comment

Working...
                              X