Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Sleepy Hollow (TV Show)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleepy Hollow (TV Show)

Anybody catch the Pilot of Sleepy Hollow on Fox? It's a pretty good story based on American folklore and you can tell it has a high production value. It starts 250 years ago and then Ichabod Crane wakes up in contemporary America. I hope this is one series that sticks around because I like watching that kind of stuff.

If you want to see it you can watch the first episode on hulu for free. http://www.hulu.com/watch/533352

Also here is a review of the show if you want to read about it first. LINK
    Last edited by Cinderella; 09-17-2013, 06:55 PM.
    PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Thanks for the link! Are they filming all of it in North Carolina? I know some of it was being filmed in the eastern part of the state.
    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

According to IMDB it's been filmed in Salisbury and Wilimgton, North Carolina.

It also blew away the ratings for the Monday night premieres by claiming the top spot at 10 million viewers. I think because it followed the popular show Bones.

Sleepy Hollow is an American fantasy mystery thriller adventure drama television series that premiered on Fox on September 16, 2013. It aired on Mondays 9:00/8:00c after Bones
      PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

I really liked it! I'm enjoying the shows that stray from literary canon like Sleepy Hollow and Elementary. And with the days getting shorter, it's nice to snuggle up and watch something darker. Can't wait for Jonathan Rhys Myers as Dracula.

Comment

I can't find the link right now, but they have filmed at Tryon Palace in New Bern, NC this summer. When I get on my laptop I can find the link for you. Someone had posted tons of cool pic during the filming! I was amazed how they had transformed the palace!

Comment

Originally posted by Curegirl View Post
            I really liked it! I'm enjoying the shows that stray from literary canon like Sleepy Hollow and Elementary. And with the days getting shorter, it's nice to snuggle up and watch something darker. Can't wait for Jonathan Rhys Myers as Dracula.
            Hell Yay! I just added Jonathan Rhys Myers as Dracula to my hulu que. I can't believe that's NBC! It looks like it could be an HBO show like True Blood from the trailer.

Originally posted by moonlight View Post
            I can't find the link right now, but they have filmed at Tryon Palace in New Bern, NC this summer. When I get on my laptop I can find the link for you. Someone had posted tons of cool pic during the filming! I was amazed how they had transformed the palace!
            On IMDB there is a third category for filming locations that says just North Carolina in general. I didn't think anything of it but it might because they haven't listed all the locations yet or are still filming at locations they don't want fans dropping in on. That's cool you have a link with pictures to share of the film location. I'd love to see it since I've become a fan of the show. When Grimm started filming in Portland I'd go to their website for all the behind the scenes photos on location. I love all the interactive stuff on the shows website like Aunt Marie's trailer. It looks like Sleepy Hollow's website is also doing that with an interactive version of George Washington's map of the town. LINK
            PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

I sent you a link through a PM about the pics I found on FB. Here's one of the articles they also linked to about the filming in New Bern, NC.
              http://www.newbernsj.com/news/local/...1.179001?tc=cr

You might have heard of New Bern, NC because its the home of Nicholas Sparks. Its a very cute historical little town in eastern NC.

ETA I saw better pictures than what I PMed you. I remember seeing pics of the actors and lots of extras. I'll keep looking!
              Last edited by moonlight; 09-18-2013, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Saw the pictures in the link you sent me on facebook too thanks!

This morning I came across an article written by comedian and actor Orlando Jones who plays Captain Frank Irving on Sleepy Hollow. He gives an account of his travel across the country from LA to NC to film Sleepy Hollow and all the local variations of the story he comes across. The Road to Hollow: My Search for the Headless Horseman I like the pictures in the article.

Also Fox released this trailer.
                PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

Nice Cinderella!

Comment

More filming at Tryon Palace and in the graveyard next week!

http://www.wcti12.com/news/sleepy-ho...q/-/index.html

Comment

Cool! It looks like they're accepting extras too!

On their facebook page they posted behind the scene photos from their pilot and another trailer that is shorter this time and has previews for upcoming episodes.

PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

If we were still in NC I would totally try to be a extra! I'm still looking for those other pics for you. Hopefully someone will get some more good pics during filming next week!

Comment

I'm happy someone else is as excited about the show as I am.
                          PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

It's a nice break from reality and yes, totally agree that the new Dracula is way more cable than NBC!

Comment

Originally posted by Curegirl View Post
                              It's a nice break from reality and yes, totally agree that the new Dracula is way more cable than NBC!
                              It's all the sexy sexiness.
                              PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

Working...
                              X