Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The sound of music -- live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The sound of music -- live

Who else is watching tonight? It doesn't start until 8pm here (EST). I'm thinking of letting my oldest stay up an fall asleep in the couch. I can't believe it's on a thursday night!
    -Ladybug

I am super excited for this! I probably won't be watching it live since DH said "No way in hell" but it's being DVRed (had to cancel other things for it :P ). I don't think I've ever seen Sound of Music outside of the Julie Andrews version.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

We're doing DVR - DH is traveling and wants to see it, too, so I'll wait. For those only familiar with the movie, it's supposed to be the stage version, so it might seem a little out of order.
      -Deb
      Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Originally posted by KlynK View Post
        I am super excited for this! I probably won't be watching it live since DH said "No way in hell" but it's being DVRed (had to cancel other things for it :P ). I don't think I've ever seen Sound of Music outside of the Julie Andrews version.

I had to cancel other things to DVR it too.. but I figure I can catch those on demand or online. No way I am staying up that late though. I have a long day of work tomorrow. I'll enjoy it another weekend when J is on call all weekend and I have nothing to do. I can sing along as I like with out his ridicule.
        -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
        Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
        Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by L.Jane View Post
          I had to cancel other things to DVR it too.. but I figure I can catch those on demand or online. No way I am staying up that late though. I have a long day of work tomorrow. I'll enjoy it another weekend when J is on call all weekend and I have nothing to do. I can sing along as I like with out his ridicule.
          Glad I'm not the only one who does these kinds of things! Sadly, DH is never out of the house when I'm home so he'll just have to turn up his music in the other room to drown me out!
          Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

OMG their voices are amazing!
            -Ladybug

Comment

So many people on fb are saying it's bad :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Also DVRing it!
                Laurie
                My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Meant to record it - missed it.
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I watched for about 5 minutes. Maybe it was the part I watched, but it was spectacularly bad. I mean, almost unwatchable.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
                      I watched for about 5 minutes. Maybe it was the part I watched, but it was spectacularly bad. I mean, almost unwatchable.
                      This.
                      Needs

Comment

Agreed. I caught the end. It was, um, not good.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
                        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Hmm, I DVRed it but saw bits and pieces and those that I saw were sweet. Not comparable to the original but this is the stage version so very different in the presentation. As talented as Carrie Underwood is she's not Julie Andrews but I don't think people expect her to be. I don't know, it was pretty ballsy to put the show together. I'll be interested to watch the whole show.
                          Tara
                          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Agreed.
                            Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Wow. You guys are harsh!

We had so much fun watching and singing it. We talked about how it would be different than the movie, that it was the original broadway format and importance of not comparing them. It's helpful experience because you have to be willing to try things (school musicals, etc.) and not fear being criticized because it's not as good as some other performance. When kids hear this from parents on the sidelines it really does translate into their subconscious and willingness to pu themselves out there in front of people.

I thought they were spectacular singers. They weren't strong actors and the dialogue felt stiff/forced, but we focused on their singing, we sang and thoroughly enjoyed it. We'll get the DVD for the family.
                              -Ladybug

Comment

Working...
                              X