Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Kate Gosselin Interview on the Today Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kate Gosselin Interview on the Today Show

Did anyone else see that interview with Kate Gosselin and her two oldest daughters on the Today show this morning? It was SO AWKWARD! Her daughters totally refused to speak at all. I was cringing the entire time. Here's the video in case you missed it:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/36090945?launch=54087006&config=26185044
    Last edited by OrionGrad; 01-16-2014, 06:59 PM.

I just saw this on Buzzfeed and my god, MAJOR second hand embarrassment. She's just gross to me. Those poor girls (not to mention the other six)
    Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Um, wow, those poor girls. I get the feeling Kate starting laying into them as soon as they left the set
      Tara
      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Wow. Painful but I cannot say that I would have reacted any differently to a live TV interview when I was 13. Girls that age can be very unpredictable and that it an extremely unnatural situation.
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Seriously. If her goal was to show everyone how happy and adjusted her kids are, then this interview backfired big time. You could totally see her seething behind the smiley exterior.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
            Wow. Painful but I cannot say that I would have reacted any differently to a live TV interview when I was 13. Girls that age can be very unpredictable and that it an extremely unnatural situation.
            I agree. But I think knowing that, a typical mom probably wouldn't put her daughters in that situation to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by OrionGrad View Post
              I agree. But I think knowing that, a typical mom probably wouldn't put her daughters in that situation to begin with.
              My dad would have. He used to put me on the spot all the time and then get pissed if I clammed up or talked back. There is a tendency for parents to sometimes do a horse and pony show, esp with little kids. (Show off what you can do. Tell grandma your new joke. Go get your spelling bee trophy. Name the state capitals.) At some point, the kid turns and refuses to participate. I'm not saying it's good but it's a right of passage for the parents and kids on the way to adolescence. . . though, for most of us it doesn't happen on live national TV.
              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Holy shit. Those poor kids.

Comment

I saw it this morning. It was absurd. Was cringing. The whole time.

Comment

Painful...for everyone!

Comment

Kate. Not a fan. She's terrible.

Comment

It seems like she's going on this new publicity campaign in the hopes they'll get another tv show. I'm really hoping that doesn't happen. I just feel bad for the kids, regardless of what they do (or don't) say at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by OrionGrad View Post
                          It seems like she's going on this new publicity campaign in the hopes they'll get another tv show. I'm really hoping that doesn't happen. I just feel bad for the kids, regardless of what they do (or don't) say at this point.
                          Or to drum up sympathy/publicity for her lawsuit against her ex-husband.

She's an odious piece of work.

Comment

Watching this choked me up. Honestly, 13 is just awkward any way you slice it. They probably just froze. Poor girls.
                            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Holy crap how much work did she have done? She can shrivel up and disappear any time now.
                              I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Working...
                              X