Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The Handmaid's Tale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Handmaid's Tale

I know this is late to the convo, but holy shit, this is a great Amazon prime series. The characters are so well drawn and the plot is both evil and (somewhat) plausible which makes it terrifying. It sprinkles in compelling justifications heard in today's culture to do the unthinkable. Get off this website right now and go stream this series. :O
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

I just started it this week and am loving it!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I tried but we don’t have Hulu, I’m so bummed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
        the plot is both evil and (somewhat) plausible which makes it terrifying. It sprinkles in compelling justifications heard in today's culture to do the unthinkable.
        So, I began reading the book and could not continue for these reasons. I'm still scarred by Orwell's 1984...that I read back when I was in middle school.

I do want to watch though because I have only heard great things AND do love me some binge-watching-worthy series.
        Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

[MENTION=1315]TulipsAndSunscreen[/MENTION]

Season 1 is on Amazon prime. Season 2 is Hulu. Soooooo good.
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

especially being pregnant it really gets to me! I started it like a month ago when DH found a deal that made Hulu plus hbo add on cheaper than HBO alone

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
            Grace

Comment

One of my favorite books of all time! I've had to take a break from the show though. Too much for my postpartum self.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rufflesanddots View Post
                One of my favorite books of all time! I've had to take a break from the show though. Too much for my postpartum self.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
                lol yes I cry nearly every episode

Grace

Comment

WOW, I read this book back in 1985 when I was pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

[MENTION=1315]TulipsAndSunscreen[/MENTION]

Season 1 is on Amazon prime. Season 2 is Hulu. Soooooo good.
                    OMG! I can’t wait to see it. The Handmaid’s Tale is one of my favorite books.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I know this is late to the convo, but holy shit, this is a great Amazon prime series. The characters are so well drawn and the plot is both evil and (somewhat) plausible which makes it terrifying. It sprinkles in compelling justifications heard in today's culture to do the unthinkable. Get off this website right now and go stream this series. :O
                      I have met Margaret Atwood a handful of times. I think her dystopian literature is her best work. Oryx and Crake/the Madadam trilogy is excellent too. She says that when she writes, she takes real events that are occurring or that have occurred someplace in the world and then pieces them together. So it is entirely plausible.

Comment

She is my absolute favorite. HBO was looking into doing a MaddAddam series with Aronofsky but it fell through. That would've been amazing.

Netflix did Alias Grace, she has a cameo so she probably helped with the show. It was well done.

I think they're doing a great job with the second season. Adding in the storyline of work camp + toxic environment was on point.

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                        I have met Margaret Atwood a handful of times. I think her dystopian literature is her best work. Oryx and Crake/the Madadam trilogy is excellent too. She says that when she writes, she takes real events that are occurring or that have occurred someplace in the world and then pieces them together. So it is entirely plausible.

Comment

Originally posted by MAPPLEBUM View Post
                          She is my absolute favorite. HBO was looking into doing a MaddAddam series with Aronofsky but it fell through. That would've been amazing.

Netflix did Alias Grace, she has a cameo so she probably helped with the show. It was well done.

I think they're doing a great job with the second season. Adding in the storyline of work camp + toxic environment was on point.
                          I saw the alias grace series and it was good. However, I don't think that's one of Atwoods better works.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post

I'm jealous! She's one of my favorite authors. I first read The Blind Assassin at 16 and have re-read it several times. Loved Cat's Eye too.

I saw the first season on Hulu. I may sign up again to see the second...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                            Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                            Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Originally posted by MrsC View Post
                              I saw the first season on Hulu. I may sign up again to see the second...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                              do it!

Grace

Comment

Working...
                              X