Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Gilmore Girls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gilmore Girls

Does anyone here watch Gilmore Girls? I waited all summer long for the new season and I can never have enough of Rory and Lorelai. And since we're on the iMSN board, who else thinks that Emily Gilmore personifies the dawkter's wife image? Yes, I know Richard is not a doctor, but she's what I think people imagine when talking about a doctor's wife.
    Cristina
    IM PGY-2

Me and DH love this show! Could you tell the writers were different? The creators/writers/producers of the show left this season and I could tell it was different, even though they were trying to keep it the same.

I kind of don't want Lorelai to get back with Luke now!! I don't know??

Logan and Rory are cute though but I still don't trust him.

And Michel is my FAVORITE character on there!!

Comment

I couldn't tell the difference because it slipped my mind that they had new writers so I wasn't paying close attention.

I never liked Logan at all and I want Rory to get back with Jess. Go Jess! But I hear that's not going to happen.

I think my first reaction at the end of this new episode was that Luke shouldn't have been such a jerk. We all hear that women cheat not because of sex itself but for an emotional connection. And I believe Lorelai wasn't getting that from him since he chose to keep her away from his new life with his daughter. What a jerk, he totally deserved what he got. I'm not sure I want them together, but if they do get back together I expect a HUGE apology from Luke, not from Lorelai.

I love Michel too, but I also likes Paris. Yes, she's annoying as hell but she says all those things that people think but don't have the nerve to say out loud.
      Cristina
      IM PGY-2

Comment

I feel like the pace of the dialogue wasn't the same as usual. DH didn't notice it at all though so maybe it was just me.

Did you see the previews of Luke acting so rude on the street to Lorelai? I can see how he'd get so upset initially based on his personality but he has to understand how bad Lorelai must feel with being cut out of a such a big part of his life with the whole daughter situation. But you'd think he'd have cooled down by the next episode. They are definitely going to draw this out for the rest of the season.

Yeah I still don't like Logan for her. I didn't like Jess in the beginning either but now I want them back together. Did you know they are dating in real life?

Comment

Oh and Emily Gilmore so IS the stereotypical dawkter's wife!!

Comment

I knew about Alexis and Milo but I just read that they broke up earlier this year. Boo! They seemed perfect for each other.

No, I didn't see those previews, but it doesn't surprise me that he'd act that way. He seems to hold grudges. And it's not just that he cut Lorelai out of his life in regards to his daughter but he expected her to put her own life on hold and wait for him to be ready to even consider marriage. Sorry buddy, women's clocks are ticking.

Oh and I aspire to be more like Emily. Just kidding.
            Cristina
            IM PGY-2

Comment

I think I'm liking her better with Christopher!!

:!

Comment

I think... I'm undecided at this point. Christopher has a certain sophistication that Luke lacks. But Luke's just plain nice, except he botched the daughter bit. It's a tough choice between these two. I think I might go with Luke simply because he seems a lot more stable than Christopher.
                Cristina
                IM PGY-2

Comment

Yeah I can see that. I just feel like Christopher and Lorelai interact and play off each other better than her and Luke. Plus they have so much history. Up until this season, they've portrayed Luke as such an upstanding guy and now we see that's he's not always like that. So sure he made one big mistake but he's human - it's tough.

Have you heard if this is their last season? I know Amy Palladino, the creator said she knew how she wanted to end it but now with this new team, who knows what they'll decide.

Comment

Ahh Christina, what did you think of it last night?
                    I can't believe she married Christopher!!!
                    Did you see her face at the end when he went out to get their things from the car?

Comment

Can someone give me a recap, I missed it this week?

Comment

Here's a quick little recap before they put the long one up:

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/ar ... nt/a12647/

I can't believe they didn't at least fly Rory over! I'd be pissed.
                        Cristina
                        IM PGY-2

Comment

Why did Rory quit the paper and since when did Paris become Vegas? I'm so confused.

Comment

It's Rory's last year and she had a farewell party at the paper. As for Paris becoming the new Vegas, you got me there. They could've done better than that since it didn't take long for me to find that there's a residence requirement of at least 40 days to get married in France. Watch them try to turn it around and say that they JUST discovered that their marriage is not legal.
                            Cristina
                            IM PGY-2

Comment

Thanks for the explanation. I'll have to make sure to catch the new episode tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X