Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

SuperSonics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperSonics

They're leaving Seattle.
    Anyone else going to miss them? I used to go to games in high school with my buddies. We had so much fun rooting for them in the 90s.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Re: SuperSonics

Originally posted by alison
    They're leaving Seattle.
    Anyone else going to miss them? I used to go to games in high school with my buddies. We had so much fun rooting for them in the 90s.
    Obviously ME.

Here is some nostalgia for you Alison....

"FEED THE HAWK -- SQUAK SQUAK!!!"

KC says "C'mon and give THE GLOVE some love...."

"The RAINMAN thunders one down the chute!"

"Big Smooth nails the three to tie the game!"

"EINS -- ZWEI -- DREI --- Schrempf is on FIRE!!!!!"

Our family car was a green Explorer growing up. My mom (RABID bball fan) named it Big Smooth after Sam the man.

We were a family of basketball dorks.

HELL YES we'll miss them.
    How sad.
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Yours are good!

Get on the magic carpet and riiiiiiiide!

Get on up for the DOWNstroke!

That's the best KC I can do.
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I heard about this a while back. I was in total shock. It's just not right!

I joined a BMG music club as a kid under the name Detlef Schrempf (sp??). I thought it was the coolest thing to get all sorts of mail for Detlef. And my parents still get junk mail for him!

My parents even went to games in the TacomaDome while Key Arena was being built. It's very sad that they are going to be gone.
        Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I'm probably dating myself, but I remember Lenny Wilkins and Jack Sikma and Downtown Freddy Brown. And in HS we used to go down to the center on weekend nights and wander around; I distinctly remember trying to climb those angled supports on outside of the coliseum building.

My Seattle friends are pretty disgusted by the whole thing, *especially* the whole "shared history" BS that's going on. A copy of the championship trophy for OKC? :eyeroll:
          Sandy
          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

What the hell are they going to call them? The Oklahoma Super Sooners ??

Who knows maybe they will become basket ball giants ...I recall there once was a Minneapolis Lakers team that moved. :huh:

Comment

Working...
            X