Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Yay Kim Clijsters, Boo Serena Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay Kim Clijsters, Boo Serena Williams

Yay to Kim for winning the US Open. Super cool that a mom was able to return to the sport and climb right back up to the top of the pile. I heard one commentator joking about how Federer had taken a little time off after the birth of his twins, but that Clijsters comeback was far more impressive.

Boo-Hiss to Serena Williams. That was SOOOOO unclassy. I've always preferred Serena to Venus (Serena seemed more gracious when she won). But Hello? National TV, world stage, and you're breaking rackets and dropping F-Bombs left and right? Insane. And I think the "penalty" leveled by the USTA is a joke. I looked it up, and Serena gets $350K for making it to (and losing) the semi-finals. So the USTA fines her $10K. Big deal.

It was shocking to watch her unravel like that!!! I feel for Kim because even though that was one of her best matches to date, it is true that Serena is easily capable of 2 aces in a row and thus being able to turn the whole thing around...we will never know!
    I think that is what haunts Kim...the What would have been, if it hadn't been for that penalty point coming @ match point.
    The whole thing was surreal.

Comment

I think it was completely lacking class on every level
      I didn't see the whole match but am so excited that Kim won... I just feel bad that she had to win that way. It will be hard for Kim to celebrate especially because she won so abruptly...

And really? That fine is pathetic!

Comment

I was stunned too. I've always like Serena as well and was just shocked that she "went off" like that. However I watched a clip on ESPN and they isolated what she said - she never said she'd kill the line judge which is what the line judge then told the head judge. Why would you lie? I still think the fine is a petty amount and agree she should have been fined but hated so see the game come down to that.

Clijsters played great last night, I didn't think the young player would be able to keep up with her. I can't imagine being in that kind of shape with an 18 month old.
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

She said "I'm going to shove this *bleep* ball down your throat." Not an express threat to kill, but would do the job if she actually did it (of course she wouldn't).

I heard this morning that they're reviewing tapes and she might lose all the $ she won at the tournement and be suspended from play next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jane View Post
            She said "I'm going to shove this *bleep* ball down your throat." Not an express threat to kill, but would do the job if she actually did it (of course she wouldn't).

I heard this morning that they're reviewing tapes and she might lose all the $ she won at the tournament and be suspended from play next year.
            Wow what a HEAVY penalty.

When I saw the post Match press session, Serena was still digging her grave some what. I just kept thinking she needs to be more humble& contrite. She still had attitude when the press was questioning her.
            Oh well it will be interesting& sad to see what the final judgment will be!

Comment

Good to see someone pick up where McEnroe left off. Tennis doesn't have nearly enough hardcore behavior these days.

Comment

Originally posted by McPants View Post
                Good to see someone pick up where McEnroe left off. Tennis doesn't have nearly enough hardcore behavior these days.

ha ha

Comment

Working...
                X