Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

College Football - Week 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football - Week 1

College football is BACK!!! Woohoo!!!!

Anyone else playing this week?

My alma mater played last night, and while they had a shutout win over a MEAC team, they did not look impressive. Although I was disappointed that I could not watch in person, I am secretly happy that I didn't waste my time, money and gas on that game. The offense was terrible - the O-Line is just not there yet (lost our main guy to the NFL) and the QB is blah. Waiting way too long to throw, not reading the coverage correctly, etc. They only managed 6 points - 2 FGs - during the first half! Defense looked really good, as usual. They just need to work out a few kinks and I expect to see them running on all cylinders next Saturday.

And I saw the weirdest thing last night: during the third quarter, half of the opposing team's defensive starters cramped up in a 2 minute span. Every time they lined up after helping someone off, another 2-3 players would go down. It was so strange.
    Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

My Utes won last night and beat Pitt, but it was in overtime. Way too close for comfort. We should have had the game before then. There were a lot of penalty calls, and hopefully we got a lot of those procudure, substitution, and other penalties out of the way the first week.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

The cramping up is from dehydration. Dudes weren't drinking enough water the nght before and day of the game. DH is always after his football players to drink more water long before gametime.

Did they all cramp up during the 3rd quarter? You can almost set your watch by when they start dropping likes flies.

Comment

Go Gators!
        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

OU's first game is pay-per-view...currently hoping my dad will want to pay We don't even have the free networks at this point!
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Hawkeyes play today - I'm going to tailgate, and then walking home I've been up since 5 (we're leaving at 8)
            Jen
            Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Michigan St. won! Looked average, but hoping that they get better for next week.
              Husband of an amazing female physician!

Comment

Things aren't looking so hot for OU. At least Texas wasn't crazy amazing either.
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Go Boise State! They won 33-30 against Virginia Tech. BSU came out strong in the first quarter scoring 17 points. Virginia Tech rallied in the second and third quarter. BSU ended up making some good plays in the fourth that helped them win. There were quite a bit of penalties on the Broncos side. Kellen Moore did awesome in getting the final drive done to help bring BSU back on top.

I am so excited for this season! GO Boise State!
                  Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Originally posted by Amiens View Post
                    GO Boise State!
                    Woo hoo for the Smurf Turf team! (My sister went to BSU.)

Comment

We (USC) played on Thursday night in Hawaii, which meant the game went absurdly late - I only made it to halftime.

Obviously this season isn't going to do us any favors, what with being bowl ineligible and all that, but hopefully we'll lay low and play some good football.
                      Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Well it is going to be a long season for OU I am afraid... But at least the Razorbacks won!
                        Brandi
                        Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Working...
                        X