Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Week 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 2

Okay what good games are on today?
    Currently watching OU vs FSU...
    I am in a pretty good mood!!
    Brandi
    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Michigan - Notre Dame. Not sure who I want to lose more...
    Penn State - Alabama. Go Bama!! I will be watching this game until RU - FIU comes on ESPN3.com at 8 PM. Can't wait to have our games televised again, I'm pretty sick of hooking the computer up to the TV to watch and listen to boneheaded announcers attempt to call the game.

Oh and I was really excited for just over 2 quarters watching USF keep pace with Florida. DH works with a BIG Gators fan who we would have teased for the next few days. Florida wound up pulling away in the late 3rd quarter and winning 38-14.
    Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Much better week for OU fans! I'm going up next week!
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

The Michigan/ND game was a dud. Both teams played pretty horribly.

ND's QB had his bell rung in the first play of the game. Joe Montana's son is the back-up QB and was horrible for the rest of the first half.

Michigan's kicker was ridiculously off. I've watched high school player swith far better accuracy and consistency. I will give the Wolverines QB credit, though. If not for him, they wouldn't have done even half as well as they did.

And WTF was with Michigan's half-time show?! Really, Lady Gaga doesn't lend itself well to marching bands and color guards. Even if said color guard is in platinum blond wigs and bad Lycra outfits.

Comment

My alma mater played a terrible game on Saturday night. How the hell can you NOT capitalize on 5 turnovers during the first half??! They basically lived on FGs and got lucky a few times. I can't tell if the QB is terrible or if they are still allowing our defensive-minded Head Coach to call offensive plays. DH was writhing with annoyance and frustration, as was I. They are very fortunate that they won, but their play does not bode well for a Week 4 match-up with a UNC team who hung tough with LSU. That will be the first home game I go to and I might spend most of it tailgating instead of being inside the stadium.

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
          The Michigan/ND game was a dud. Both teams played pretty horribly.
          Yes, I completely agree. Michigan thought Rich Rod was going to be their savior, but the way he plays football is better suited for the Big East and not the Big 10.

I will give the Wolverines QB credit, though. If not for him, they wouldn't have done even half as well as they did.
          Robinson is pretty awesome, he really did carry the game for them. He has some great scrambling abilities, but I always feel like that type of QB is more prone to injury.

And WTF was with Michigan's half-time show?! Really, Lady Gaga doesn't lend itself well to marching bands and color guards. Even if said color guard is in platinum blond wigs and bad Lycra outfits.
          I didn't catch this, we probably switched to another channel during half-time. But as a former band member, no color guard member should *ever* wear Lycra. That group is generally made up of all body types (versus a dance team that all looks the same) and those outfits can be really, really bad for group morale. I've been the victim of some really bad outfits - all white (tuxedo shirt and skirt), top covered in something resembling Christmas garland with a keyhole cutout in between the shoulder blades that was way too short (had to be pinned into the top of our pants), etc.
          Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

I should see if someone YouTubed the half-time show. We were there so I don't know how much of it was on TV. Just an odd show.

Our oldest is in her high school's marching band and I always feel bad for the color guard when they have to wear awful outfits. I always wonder who designs those hideous things. It's pretty bad when the band uniforms are WAY better.

Comment

Working...
            X