Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Bowl Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowl Games

DW and I have our tickets to see our MSU Spartans play Alabama. Should be epic. We Spartans feel slighted as we didn't get a BCS Bowl, the Rose Bowl specifically, since we have the same record as Wisconsin, and we beat them on the field, but that is the crap that is the BCS. Should be fun to play Bama and former MSU coach Nick Saban. Our coach, Mark Dantonio was an assistant on Nick Saban's staff at MSU. So hopefully the pupil can beat the teacher.

Good luck to all your teams, unless that one is Alabama.
    Husband of an amazing female physician!

Dh, K (our littlest boy) and I are going to the Fiesta Bowl for the national championship game! Wahoo! Go Ducks!
    Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

Originally posted by JaneDoe View Post
      Dh, K (our littlest boy) and I are going to the Fiesta Bowl for the national championship game! Wahoo! Go Ducks!
      Jealous!! My parents will be there (dad is an alum and ex-player, and they've had season tickets for 35 years). Should be a great game!
      Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Unless a miracle happens of unforseen magnitude, I fear we are going to go to Las Vegas and get our asses handed to us by Boise State. We are not as good of a team as I thought we were mid-season. Sigh. I hope they don't beat us by more than 40.
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Banned! No bowl game here. We probably would've gotten a mediocre one, otherwise.

My parents' alma mater (Nevada) is playing my FIL's alma mater (Boston College) for the first time ever, in the "Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl". We might've gone had the game not been on a Sunday night. Too hard to schedule flights that way.
          Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Outback Bowl and it will be Urban Meyer's last game with the Gators (again).
            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I'm not going, but I'll be watching OU vs. UConn (Boring matchup IMO, but given our history with the Fiesta Bowl I'm not gloating yet) at the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl (Non-BCS Championship of course--that is confusing, by the way!)
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                I'm not going, but I'll be watching OU vs. UConn (Boring matchup IMO, but given our history with the Fiesta Bowl I'm not gloating yet) at the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl (Non-BCS Championship of course--that is confusing, by the way!)
                I think OU stands a good chance of winning, UConn didn't have much competition in the BE this year and barely beat USF last Saturday to win the league title. I'm happy that UConn is representing the BE because they are not WVU. I try to root for the conference during bowl season, but my dislike for WVU is hard to dislodge for something like "conference loyalty". I have much better luck with conference loyalty during March Madness, lol.

No bowl game for RU this year, first time in 5 years. Not really disappointed, as I knew this was going to happen (see: offensive stats for the season) and their record wasn't anywhere near bowl eligible (4-8). I will just pacify myself with watching some of good games during bowl season, although these are few and far between. The games I listed below are some of the more interesting games, in my opinion. Anyone have any other games they are interested in, besides their team's game or the national championship game?

12/22 Utah vs. BSU
                12/28 WVU vs. NCState (will only watch if WVU is losing)
                12/30 Washington vs. Nebraska
                12/31 USF vs. Clemson (will probably be watching USF lose)
                12/31 South Carolina vs. Florida State

1/1 Florida vs. Penn State (two of DH's co-residents who are dear friends and went to med school together are UF and PSU alums. It would be highly entertaining to watch the game and these two (plus the PSU alum's husband) yell and scream at each other, lol.
                1/1 Alabama vs. MSU
                1/1 Wisconsin vs. TCU (want to get acquainted with our new conference member, TCU )
                1/1 Oklahoma vs. UConn (probably will only do drive-by watching of this one, as UConn is definitely going to lose)
                1/3 Stanford vs. VaTech (have a soft spot for VaTech and Taylor)
                1/8 Pitt vs. Kentucky (interested in the outcome of this one, as apparently Wannstedt has resigned as Pitt's coach)
                1/9 Nevada vs. Boston College (I like Nevada!)
                1/10 Oregon vs. Auburn
                Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

I'll be rooting for Ohio State in their bowl, but I'll also be rooting for Auburn as my BIL is an Athletic Trainer there for the softball team. My DH is trying to get him to score some tickets to the national championship - but I figure it might be hard for him. We'll see! I'm interested in seeing TCU to see how they will match up against Wisconsin.
                  High school sweetheart and wife to an MS4 cutie, and mom to pretty baby J, silly Siamese kitty, crazy Weim, and funny ferret.

Comment

Working...
                  X