Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Super Bowl 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl 2011

So any predictions? Personal favorites or loyalties? Any special plans to watch?

DH is on-call tomorrow and I've been invited to a party to watch but I might just stay home and watch it with the dogs instead! I'm rooting for the Pack, my Dad's originally a Cheesehead. I personally am a Raiders fan....

Let's hope the weather improves and no one else gets hurt at Cowboy Stadium.

My DF is on call too. I really only watch for the commercials and go to parties for the food I am sad to admit. I wanted to go to a party, but no one decided to throw one (including myself). I will probably be watching on the couch alone. Who is the underdog? Thats usually who I root for. Actually, I may sound nutty, but I tend to root for whoever is losing during the game, so my loyalty can change a few times during the game.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

I'm rooting for the Packers - since I'm a Browns fan, I have to root for anyone who plays against the Steelers!!!!
      High school sweetheart and wife to an MS4 cutie, and mom to pretty baby J, silly Siamese kitty, crazy Weim, and funny ferret.

Comment

I hope they show lots of shots of those who paid $500 to freeze outside the stadium
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
          I hope they show lots of shots of those who paid $500 to freeze outside the stadium
          ??? People actually did this ??? I was not aware of that.

Comment

We are cheering for the Packers, I just can't cheer for the Steelers. We really only watch for the commercials too but I hope its at least a good game!
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs.BrainSurgeon View Post
              ??? People actually did this ??? I was not aware of that.
              Yes, Jerry Jones needed to boost his ego...err, the attendance at the stadium so he could surpass the highest attendance ever at a Super Bowl, which is currently held by the Rose Bowl. These people are going to do what we are doing, except they will be sitting outside and will have paid $500 for the pleasure: watching the game on a big screen TV. Ugh, I can't stand him! For all of his overinvolvement in his teams recently, they have stunk it up pretty badly. I do hope no one else is hurt by the ice/snow. My cousin is there on business, he says he got snowed out of an event where he would have golfed with NFL legends.

Anyway, I digress. I have no idea who I am rooting for, probably the Packers. I think they came into this game much hotter than the Steelers. And I'm an NFC girl. But at the same time, I don't particularly hate the Steelers. Just like L.Jane, my loyalties will probably shift during the game. DH is post-call tomorrow, so I am making some buffalo chicken nachos and a few other munchies for us to partake in. We will also probably be watching more of the commercials than anything else. And DH will fall asleep before it is over, and I will probably have to continue to work on my thesis draft too. Sigh.
              Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

I hate the Stealers. Oops, I meant Steelers. Nope, I was right the first time.

Sorry, this diehard Seahwawks fan is still a tad bitter.

Comment

I think I've mentioned my team loyalty before - Go Pack GO! I am so excited for tomorrow - particularly since E is driving the kids all the way back from Iowa and I don't have to miss any of the game! WOOT!
                  Kris

Comment

That's awesome, Kris! Enjoy the game!
                    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I don't think I have a particular favorite, but I am VERY excited to have people over and feed them. I love Superbowl Sunday.
                      -Deb
                      Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

I am so nercited today. It has been a blast around the area this week. One of the local grocery stores had their deli counter set up so that everything was green and gold. They had green and gold finger jello, green and gold buns. Although the turnovers from the bakery were in steelers colors, hehehe! It is like Christmas came again - midway through the season, it didn't look like we would even make the post season, so each and every packer fan is beyond grateful for this opportunity.
                        Kris

Comment

I am not watching, but I heard the girl singing the national anthem screwed it up. Poor thing. But I heard she pushed on, very professionally trying to recover.

Hey, as long as she kept her boobs in her shirt, she's a winner in my book. A memorization issue on the national anthem I can understand--a "wording" malfunction, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
                            I am not watching, but I heard the girl singing the national anthem screwed it up. Poor thing. But I heard she pushed on, very professionally trying to recover.

Hey, as long as she kept her boobs in her shirt, she's a winner in my book. A memorization issue on the national anthem I can understand--a "wording" malfunction, that's all.
                            Haha. Yeah she messed up, but she was professional and kept going, also she sounded good... Now I don't know about anyone else, so its just my opinion, but the halftime was a bit painful when it came to the sound, and the close ups of the light up people kinda freaked me out. lol.
                            -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                            Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                            Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Christina Aguilera left "O'er ramparts we watched" out of the National Anthem. Overall, I think she has a phenomenal voice, but she oversang it. Here's a link to her performance: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-317568

The halftime performance with the Black Eyed Peas was awesome and innovative, but the sound quality was AWFUL. It was like people's microphones kept going on and off. And I don't really think Usher needed to be a part of that either - he is a terrible live singer, but great dancer.

ETA: Cross posted with you L.Jane! I absolutely agree!!
                              Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Working...
                              X