Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Can we talk about college football now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we talk about college football now?

I'm more than ready to pretend it is autumn and this A&M SEC thing is seriously pissing me off.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-official-says
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

I LOVE college football and basketball but I'm about ready to give up on all of it. No one sticks to their word anymore, coaches, players, ADs, no one. Its all about the mighty dollar and its all a farce!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

True ^^^

I'm proud of the way OU has handled the Big 12 shenanigans, though. I really had more faith in the Aggies. Do they really think they are going to become an SEC powerhouse? I guess you have to be suspend reality a little bit to be a loyal Aggie fan, but this is just...delusional?
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I read that FSU is trying to join the SEC too? With all this conference jumping trying to boost strength of schedule, you'd think the BCS would realize something's gotta change.
        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

We love love love college football season. I don't really care about conference switching or the politics of the game and Universities, it's just fun to watch.
          Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Got my season tickets in the mail this week, super stoked. And I might actually have to buy an additional ticket for a few games so DH can go with me, sweet!

I haven't really paid too much attention to all of the craziness going on this season regarding conference switcheroos. TCU doesn't join us until 2012.

I'm just excited to have football back, both college and pro. I love baseball and things are going quite well for our team, but I don't get all excited for it the way I do football.
            Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Can I say more than boomer sooner
              Brandi
              Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

^^^ Nah that says it all!

Comment

I'm sorry, I'm pretty sure when you say Wisconsin...you've said it all!

(no lie, I am currently wearing a shirt that says that, I just couldn't resist!)
                  I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

They do have damn good cheese

Comment

In all honesty I don't understand the game of football. No one has ever explained it to me. My brother played all through junior high and high school and I still have no clue what a first down means. The only thing I get is touch down. I do enjoy going to the game for the social aspect and the enthusiasm.

In college football news this is a big deal: LSU suspends two players indefinitely.

It seems their starting quarterback and a linebacker got in a fight. The University of Oregon has a game with them Sept.3 in Arlington at Cowboy Stadium. Ducks vs. Tigers is our first game of the season. I've learned college football is a massive deal so I have to get on the bandwagon. Go Ducks!
                      PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

College Gameday Season Preview is on ESPN. LOVING IT!!!
                        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

AllI see is high school football!
                          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

All forms of football are almost a religion around here. DD1 and DH are both excited for next Friday' game when their respective teams play each other. Dude covers a high school for sports medicine and DD1 is in the band at her high school.

I knew football was huge around here, but I was kinda floored to discover how big of a deal marching band is, too. DD1 had to audition to make it onto the drumline with the quads and the competition was pretty fierce.

This cracks me up: DD1's band always plays something when the opposing team comes out of the locker room. Usually, just their school song unless they can think of something fun. Next Friday's opponent (DH's team) are the Eagles. DD1's band director decided instead of playing the Eagle's school song, like usual, they're going to play the theme song to "Angry Birds".
                            Last edited by diggitydot; 08-27-2011, 10:37 AM.

Comment

1 more week. Boomer sooner!! I hope to make it to some ou and Arkansas games this year!!
                              Brandi
                              Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X