Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The Duck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Duck

It seems since I've been here I've seen a lot of viral videos for the University of Oregon's mascot "The Duck" aka "Puddles".

Their latest viral video with over 2.5 milliong hits is The Duck doing a parody to a popular Korean pop song.

Last edited by Cinderella; 09-06-2012, 07:07 AM.
    PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Then there is this band called Supwitchugirl that has made a couple of fan videos for the ducks. The last two have gone viral also. One called "I love my Ducks" aka "I smell roses" for the Rose Bowl wins. Another more recent video of theirs is called "Return of the Quack".

Last edited by Cinderella; 09-06-2012, 07:08 AM.
    PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

But probably the most lastest news from our quacky University mascot is this announcement: The Duck Announces Presidental Campaign. In all seriousness they held a staged press conference for it.

Are other University mascots like this? I can't recall mine ever having fan videos going viral or staging press conferences like this.
      PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

Ours is like that. Only better :P
        I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Will you share some videos of your guys college mascots? I'd love to see what else is being done out there.
          PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

As far as I know the Schooner hasn't launched any presidential campaigns yet.

But I'll be impressed if you know what a Boomer and a Sooner are without looking it up
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
              But I'll be impressed if you know what a Boomer and a Sooner are without looking it up
              You mean they are actual things?

I don't think Tommy Trojan does viral videos. He just wins.
              Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

I think the last vid I watched of Puddles was a knock-down-drag-out fight between him and another mascot.

Comment

Was that Sluggo? He's the green bear for the Emerald Baseball Team here. They always seem to be fighting except for the dancing in the above video.
                  PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                    I think the last vid I watched of Puddles was a knock-down-drag-out fight between him and another mascot.
                    If you are referring to the fight I think you are, it is one of my faves. The Duck was suspended for a game (or more?) for the sexual gesture he did to the other mascot. It was hilarious.
                    Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

Yeah, I don't remember what the other mascot was, but that shit was hilarious.

Comment

I think I found the fight you guys are talking about. Was it this one? He may have a difficult time winning his bid for Presidency with that one.

PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

NCAA infractions came down this morning for UO.

NCAA: UO, Kelly Oregon failed to monitor football program: Summary

Pictures of the Full Report

Timeline

The penalties include:

Public reprimand and censure.
                          Three years of probation from June 26, 2013 through June 25, 2016.
                          An 18-month show cause order for the former head coach. The public report contains further details.
                          A one-year show-cause order for the former assistant director of operations. The public report contains further details.
                          A reduction of initial football scholarships by one from the maximum allowed (25) during the 2012-13 and 2013-14 academic years (imposed by the university).
                          A reduction of total football scholarships by one from the maximum allowed (85) during the 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2015-16 academic years (imposed by the university).
                          A reduction of official paid football visits to from 56 to 37 for the 2012-13, 2013-14 and 2014-15 academic years.
                          A reduction of permissible football evaluation days from 42 to 36 in the fall of 2013, 2014 and 2015 and permissible football evaluation days from 168 to 144 in the spring of 2014, 2015 and 2016.
                          A ban on the subscription to recruiting services during the probation period.
                          A disassociation of the recruiting service provider. Details of the disassociation are included in the public report (imposed by the university).
                          PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

Is that the U of H cougar? If so, it deserves to be beat-up...that is one lame costume. It looks like a house cat...not a cougar
                            Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Working...
                            X