Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

College Basketball 2012-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Basketball 2012-2013

Ahhhh, college basketball. My favorite time of year

Anyone else stoked for the start of the season?

The State Farm Classic is tipping off here in a few minutes on ESPN (I know there are a lot of KU fans around here).
    Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Me, Me, Me! I've already been to one preseason and one regular season KU game - the guys look...new! As they should, we are VERY VERY young. Lots and lots of talent but its going to take them some time to mesh. I am recording the game because DH isn't home yet so hopefully they'll play well.

We are VERY lucky that DH's parents have been contributing for 15+ years and were able to get 4 tickets this year rather then 2. We are going to as many games as possible, its so much fun!

ROCK CHALK!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Sing it with me now:

"Indiana, oh Indiana, Indiana we're all for you
      we will fight for the cream & crimson
      and the glory of old IU IU!"

woo hoo!
      I attended IU during the Knight years & being from IN, I naturally enjoyed basketball at all levels!

Comment

We love college basketball!!!

Dd18 is at Belmont's first home game tonight and she's excited about some freshman tradition
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Momo View Post
          Sing it with me now:

"Indiana, oh Indiana, Indiana we're all for you
          we will fight for the cream & crimson
          and the glory of old IU IU!"

woo hoo!
          I attended IU during the Knight years & being from IN, I naturally enjoyed basketball at all levels!
          Holy balls! How did I miss that you were from IN? DD1 is a huge music nerd and I'm trying to get her to look at IU's music program in Bloomington. It's one of the highest rated in the nation, even over freaking Juilliard! I can't convince her that it's such a great school.

Comment

Rock Chalk! I'm screaming at the TV as I type. I may not having any finger nails after this game. I am so so so happy its basketball season.
            -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
            Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
            Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
              We love college basketball!!!

Dd18 is at Belmont's first home game tonight and she's excited about some freshman tradition
              Belmont is playing KU in Lawrence on 12/15 - if she can get here I can get her tickets and a place to stay! Nothing like watching basketball in Allen Fieldhouse!
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
                Belmont is playing KU in Lawrence on 12/15 - if she can get here I can get her tickets and a place to stay! Nothing like watching basketball in Allen Fieldhouse!
                OMGosh Cheri, that is so sweet of you!!! I'll let you know if it could be a possibility.
                Tara
                Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

DD you must get her to consider IU's school of music...PHENOMENAL!!!
                  I used to love walking by the school of music, when the windows were open! Le sigh... that was many moons ago!
                  Last edited by Momo; 11-13-2012, 10:14 PM.

Comment

College hoops is one thing that really separates the Northeast from the rest of the country. Outside of March Madness and UConn fanatics, people up this way don't give a crap. It's probably because so many of the pro teams are concentrated here.

ETA: I don't mean to sound snotty about it. It doesn't matter much to me either way. I'm just always surprised how intense people are about it elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Momo View Post
                      DD you must get her to consider IU's school of music...PHENOMENAL!!!
                      I used to love when I would walk by the school of music ,when the weather was warmer, and the windows were opened! Le sigh...so many moons ago!
                      I'm a die-hard badger fan, so it's hard for me to admit any other Big 10 school has anything worth mentioning. But this is truth. Their school of music is amazeballs. My sister was going to go there until my parents told her the difference between in-state and out-of-state tuition.
                      I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Working...
                      X