Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

College Football 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football 2013

Who's ready??

No idea how OU is going to do this year. For once in the past few years, they have no real reason to screw up. New quarterback and finally some work on defense. I'm not getting my hopes up too much yet! Just hoping they are on the upswing.

I'm also extremely curious to see how this whole Johnny Manziel thing plays out. My dislike of A&M surpassed my dislike of UT during the SEC debacle in 2011. They're at asshole level to me now. Funny how the school that prides itself so much on tradition and their honor code is playing the, "he probably did it but you cant prove it nahnenahnah" line.
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

I'm not ready for summer to be over, but I'm so excited for football to start!!! And so excited for UW's new coach!!! We will be in Madison this weekend for a wedding, but I'm decking myself out in cardinal and white. I can't be in Madison on a football Saturday and not represent!
    I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

We are pumped! There is nothing that epitomizes our home like a State football game on a fall afternoon. We're deciding between heading to the beach this weekend or heading home and catching a game. We are counting down the days until homecoming - against UNC this year. We're going into the season optimistic as always, but cautiously so. We'll see how Doeren does. I really liked Tom O'Brien. I hate they sacked him. Ahhh...I can see the sea of red now.

WOLF!!

(in my head, a distant group of people are now responding with "PACK!!")

ETA: This thread has gotten me SO FREAKING EXCITED for college sports. It's all I can do not to break out into the fight song right now.
      Last edited by WolfpackWife; 08-28-2013, 10:14 AM.
      Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

My team appears to be gearing up for the upcoming season. UK college football may not quite be on the same level as its US counterpart, however. Maybe I should try out for the team?
        Last edited by McPants; 09-26-2014, 01:12 PM.

Comment

KU football is again picked to finish last in the Big 12. I hope they are wrong and year 2 of the Charlie Weis era proves that we can compete. Either way we are looking forward to attending as many of the 7 home games as we can. ROCK CHALK!!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Can't wait to cheer on my Baylor Bears!! We even have Baylor gear already for our baby girl. I'm hoping we can still see a lot of the games on TV, even though we're out of TX now. I think we have the sports package with Uverse that lets us see all the regional stations. I got to go to games in person the last few years, but that won't be happening this year.

I think we can keep it civil, ST and Suzy, even we we play you guys. I will very much join ST in the A&M dislike though, but that's nothing new for Baylor fans, for the most part.
            Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
              Can't wait to cheer on my Baylor Bears!! We even have Baylor gear already for our baby girl. I'm hoping we can still see a lot of the games on TV, even though we're out of TX now. I think we have the sports package with Uverse that lets us see all the regional stations. I got to go to games in person the last few years, but that won't be happening this year.

I think we can keep it civil, ST and Suzy, even we we play you guys. I will very much join ST in the A&M dislike though, but that's nothing new for Baylor fans, for the most part.
              Sports package FTW!! When DH called and ripped Comcast a new one, part of what they did to placate him was throw in a free year of the sports package so there will be no State game missed in our house!
              Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

We actually got the sports package for the soccer channel. I admit it has been nice to be able to see occasional games that weren't normally shown locally.
                Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

They're reporting Johnny CA$H got suspended for...a whole half a freakin' game.

In the words of my daughter, FROG THAT.
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I'm sure he'll learn his lesson from that!

Comment

Actually, I think that was A&M's idea of punishment and the NCAA hasn't weighed in yet. Half a game? Really? They cant bear the thought of maybe even possibly losing one and screwing up their championship run, even against a cupcake team.

Sorry, this is what I've been focusing pregnant rage on. They pulled the SEC crap in 2011 when I was pregnant with N.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post

In the words of my daughter, FROG THAT.
                        LOL - that's toooo cute. Is that something y'all say or is that her interpretation of overhearing other phrases? My biggest fear about deciding to have kids is having to curb my potty mouth...don't know if it can be done. Between DH and I...whew. That kid could start out with a pretty rough vocabulary.

sigpic

Comment

When she says "frog" it sounds like something else

Comment

When she says "frog" it sounds like something else
                            It sounds like something I'd say...

Comment

Actually, I think that was A&M's idea of punishment and the NCAA hasn't weighed in yet. Half a game? Really? They cant bear the thought of maybe even possibly losing one and screwing up their championship run, even against a cupcake team.

Sorry, this is what I've been focusing pregnant rage on. They pulled the SEC crap in 2011 when I was pregnant with N.
                              Apparently the NCAA did agree to it. So ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                              X