Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Tough Love VS. Spanking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tough Love VS. Spanking

~ Tough Love vs. Spanking ~ (a psychological conundrum) It seems that these days most Americans think it is improper to spank children, so over the years I tried other methods to control my kids when they had one of 'those moments.' One that I found effective is for me to just take the child for a car ride and talk. They usually calm down and stop misbehaving after our car ride together. This worked so well for my children that I now use the method on my grandchildren. I've included a photo below of one of my sessions with my grandson, in case you would like to use the technique. Sincerely, A Friend

PS...not advocating spanking, I just thought this was funny.
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Re: Tough Love VS. Spanking

Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Yesterday was one of those days for me.....I would have been dangerous in a car, Annie.

kris

Comment

I showed this to my son and told him next time he acted out, this would be his due punishment.

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

That is funny!!!!!!
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Now why hadn't I thought of that! It looks like you have to go 99 for it to work...
            Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Kris,
              Can you send this to my email? I tried to forward it but couldn't .
              Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Luanne,

I'll dig it up for you tomorrow and send it.

:>

Kris

Comment

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Luanne

Comment

Working...
                  X