Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Inspiration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspiration

I need some inspiration - my best friend is moving to Indiana on Friday. We have been like family for one another for the past 10 years. Her husband has been woking on his PhD and she and I have spent MANY hours together while our husbands were at work or working on Dissertations. We did not have family here, so we have spent many holidays togheter. I'm really afraid of how sad I am going to be. They are leaving on Saturday morning, and thank goodness Jory & I are leaving for a week on Saturday evening. At least the first week she is gone I will also be away. Oh that next week will be hard.
    thanks for allowing me to ramble.
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Road trip to Indy!

Oh, Luanne, this sucks. I'm so sorry. I know that even though my closest friends are over a thousand miles away, we still call each other at least once a week and get together a few times a year. Distance is nothing in the face of a dear, old friendship. Still, I know that this turn of events will be difficult. Keep your chin up.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Thanks Kelly,
      I do have a visit planned, and with the telephone & computer we will be in touch often. It will be an adjustment, but I know I'll be fine.
      Luanne
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Luanne-

I know this might sound kind of strange but for my best friend and I, my moving away was the kick in the butt we needed to really realize that this is a relationship that matters.

We talk at least once a week, more like twice or three times and we figure- what the heck, we're both working and this is the money that we'd be spending going to concerts or shopping (which, by the way, she loves and I hate!) anyway.

When we do get together now, it's really quality time.

Jenn

Comment

Oh NO

Luanne, I am so sorry to hear this...what really devastating news.
          My heart really goes out to you......I'm all for the road trips, long distance and email

I'm really sorry, Luanne....this must be really hard.

Kris
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Luanne,

How are you doing? I've been thinking about you.

Kelly
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
            X