Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

In honor of the super easy indian chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In honor of the super easy indian chicken

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/ar ... EMTF_Onion

Re: In honor of the super easy indian chicken

I heart The Onion.
    Kris

Comment

Hee!

And while we're on the Onion; a warning for Jenn P and Davita:

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/30 ... sappear_in

Sandy
      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by poky
        Hee!

And while we're on the Onion; a warning for Jenn P and Davita:

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/30 ... sappear_in

Hey, watch it! I grew up in Kansas, its a great state.
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Are you sure it wasn't a figment of your imagination?
          Sandy
          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

hey - i'm quite fond of the upper right hand corner of the rectangle. i'll make no defense of the rest of the state, though. nice enough people, I'm sure, but really boring driving ...

Comment

My least favorite joke when I was in high school and would travel to national events was "How are Dorothy and Toto" - SO annoying. It really is a great state!
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Is the Kansas rectangle part of that stuff we fly over between the coasts? Am I to understand people LIVE there? Interesting.
                If it weren't for the tornados to keep us on our toes, we'd probably drift into a permanent state of semi-consciousness.

I love Kansas. I can't vouch for the western half of the state, but I'm pretty attached to the rest of it. After we've lived in Albuquerque a few years, we may change our minds, but at this point we're looking forward to moving back.

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*
                  Is the Kansas rectangle part of that stuff we fly over between the coasts? Am I to understand people LIVE there? Interesting.

I was just as shocked when I first heard of this phenomenon too.

Comment

Having lived/grown up/worked in "the western part..." I can vouch that people actually live there, my parents still do.

Several years back some of the local Kansas area politicians met with some politicians from Oklahoma (the panhandle area), Colorado (the extreme eastern area), Texas (the panhandle area also) and a portion of New Mexico. There were great plans to create the ACTUAL 51st state...had to do with no being recognized....go figure.

I have to admit, during the end of June/beginning of July it is quite beautiful to watch the wheat harvest take place. Very hot and dirty mostly...but still very pretty.

Brings a whole new meaning to 'amber waves of grain'.

Comment

I have to admit, during the end of June/beginning of July it is quite beautiful to watch the wheat harvest take place. Very hot and dirty mostly...but still very pretty.

Brings a whole new meaning to 'amber waves of grain'.
                      This is going to sound cheesy, but there are few things that make me feel more peaceful than driving along after a rain and seeing a colorful sunset against waving golden fields. In the Flint Hills, the fields look like green velvet, with black & white cows propped up all over them.

I know the views in our Albuquerque mountains will be breathtaking, but the Kansas rectangle will suck me back in, I'm sure.

How did we get from Indian cuisine to Kansas wheat fields?! :huh:

Comment

Originally posted by Deb7456
                        How did we get from Indian cuisine to Kansas wheat fields?! :huh:
                        :hey: That was my fault.

Jenn/Jane is the one that introduced the easy indian chicken recipe to the group a while ago, and since this thread was touching on the Onion and that recipe, and she lives in KC, it made me think of that other Onion article.

And...now I have "Matthew" by John Denver running through my head, because it has a line in it about "Gold is just a windy Kansas wheat field".
                        Sandy

Comment

Got it.

Love the Onion, love John Denver, love wheat fields... will have to try super easy indian chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna
                            Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
                            My least favorite joke when I was in high school and would travel to national events was "How are Dorothy and Toto" - SO annoying. It really is a great state!
                            Hey, some people still think we have dirt streets with tumbleweeds blowing across.
                            We Alaskans always got questions about the igloos we live in and the whale blubber we eat.
                            Alison

Comment

We Alaskans always got questions about the igloos we live in and the whale blubber we eat.
                              I understand, I grew up in Mississippi and now live in New Jersey!
                              Luanne
                              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                              X