Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Graditude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graditude

Ok. . . So I've noticed that we get a little sulky around here from time to time. Of course, this is the place for that. However, I wanted to share a little trick with you all.

When Dr. K and I feel blue we count our blessings. . . literally. We keep a gratitude journal and write down things that make us happy. Sometimes it's a day with our nephews, a chuckle with our co-workers, cuddling with our puppy, or something we are really looking forward to. When we can't think of anything, we go back and re-read the journal.

So, I'm starting a gratitude forum. Everybody check in and write about something, anything that makes you happy. . .a trip to starbucks, giving your kids a bath, chatting with the other Medical Spouses, a snow day! Write in every time you think of something that makes you feel good. . . especially if it is something trivial or silly

Have fun and be happy!

:nana:
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Re: Graditude

Wine. Specifically Casillero del Diablo Carmenere 2007 from Chile. Cheap red that doesn't cause instantaneous headaches and tastes good to boot! It's our new house red.

Jenn

Comment

Turning lemons into lemonade. There's a concert in February I wanted to go to that I found out about today. 6 hours away. DH and I IMd about it, and he said he couldn't take the weekend off, but encouraged me to go anyway, maybe find someone else to go with. I was *really* disappointed. Had a lot of thoughts about being independent, and how he's only going to get busier, and how I really didn't want to miss this concert. Then I realized that my cousin lives near there. I sent her email. She'd never heard of the artists, but listened to their stuff online, and thought it sounded OK, so decided to make a girls' weekend of it. Yay! Definitely looking forward to it, now!

Of course, later this afternoon, DH called and said he'd been thinking about it, and could probably make it work so that he could go after all. :huh: Too late. Tickets are already bought. Would be nice to have him along for the long drive, and he'd enjoy it...but oh, well. Guess he'll learn to say "let me think about it" next time, maybe, rather than just saying "no".
      Sandy
      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

A birthday lunch at Chevy's with friends a kids. Who knew you go home with your very own sombrero?

Comment

Seeing my parents, brother, and cousin thismorning. On skype.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirsty
            Seeing my parents, brother, and cousin thismorning. On skype.
            I've been hearing about skype. Someone recommended it to Dr. K and I since I'm commuting. What's it like?

Comment

Dr. K will be here in 35 hours and I'll have him with me for a whole week!

Comment

I think it's totally cute that Pollyanna posted in the Gratitude forum! Loved that book!!!

I'm grateful for my friends. We spent Friday night back in Dallas, and we all stayed up until 4:00 in the morning catching up over some great wine. I miss them, but it's so nice that we're still within driving distance.
                Laurie
                My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK
                  I've been hearing about skype. Someone recommended it to Dr. K and I since I'm commuting. What's it like?
                  Skype is great - I use it to communicate with family at home. It is free [bonus] but the quality can be sketchy when the network is busy, but we love it!!

As far as gratitude -
                  - I am grateful that my husband is home after being away for a week
                  - I am grateful we have so much time together during this relocation
                  - I am thankful for fresh ground coffee [love, love love it]
                  - I am thankful that we have a roof over our heads and enough to pay our bills

Comment

I'm grateful for the privileged life I lead.
                    I'm grateful for the two, hopefully three, amazing healthy kids I have.
                    I'm grateful that my husband and I have a marriage still intact after a decade of training.
                    I'm grateful for the opportunities available to my kids.
                    I'm grateful for my education.
                    I'm grateful for the most fabulous girlfriends a girl could ever want.
                    I'm grateful for the wisdom and sense of self this whole experience has given me.
                    I'm grateful for my health.
                    Right now, I'm grateful for McDonalds' Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Biscuits. They really hit that pregnancy craving.

Kelly
                    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I am grateful that my brother is (finally!) getting married TOMORROW!

Comment

Long Hot Showers. Ahhhh!

Comment

Fun times knitting with good friends.
                          Sandy
                          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I'm grateful for:
                            the support our friends and family have provided
                            having a husband with a good heart
                            having survived our first four years of marriage (medical school)
                            each new day
                            my health and the health of those I love
                            the unconditional affection of our Siamese mut
                            DH starting residency next year (goodbye internship year!)

Comment

Today I'm grateful for our wonderful vet, who's draining our accounts, but keeping our elderly cats happy and healthy in the process; more than a fair trade, imho.
                              Sandy

Comment

Working...
                              X