Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Awesome Wedding Entrance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it was fantastic! So joyful. I don't think I would ever do that, but I also didn't find it to be tacky....there is more than one way to express one's faith.

Different strokes....

Comment

I also did not find it tacky at all. I had a smile on my face the whole time as I watched it. It was great!

Comment

I liked it! I actually liked how well-planned it was - many parts were choreographed. You can tell there was a lot of thought put into it. If it hadn't been so well planned, I think it would have looked tacky/cheesy. It looked like they were having so much fun!

I wonder how many people are going to do that in their wedding now. It's had over 11,000,000 views on Youtube!
        Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

Well, LDS weddings are nothing like the "walking down the aisle" affair so, as an outsider on this particular subject:

From my cultural background weddings should be held as sacred - and that particular example is the opposite of sacred. There are many respectful ways to have a wedding - in many different religious backgrounds. This was definitely not respectful.

Now, if that was the entrance for something like a reception or party held in the couple's honor it would be very appropriate. And, really fun.

There are many ways to express joy. And, I think a wedding deserves a much more respectful version of joy.

On the other hand, I do think that introduction to their ceremony was a perfect example of how marriage is viewed today by much of our society.
          Last edited by Rapunzel; 08-06-2009, 03:35 PM.
          Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
          With fingernails that shine like justice
          And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Originally posted by Rapunzel View Post
            Well, LDS weddings are nothing like the "walking down the aisle" affair . . .
            Kind of a thread hijack, but I am super-interested...I've never been to an LDS wedding. Do they differ significantly from other Christian wedding ceremonies...for example, most Roman Catholic wedding masses include the eucharist and take a LONG time, while most Southern Baptist weddings I've been to are fairly short affairs and there is no communion...

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
              Kind of a thread hijack, but I am super-interested...I've never been to an LDS wedding. Do they differ significantly from other Christian wedding ceremonies...for example, most Roman Catholic wedding masses include the eucharist and take a LONG time, while most Southern Baptist weddings I've been to are fairly short affairs and there is no communion...
              i'm not sure you'll get an answer to this
              from what I know, from my friend who is a devout LDS, it's very guarded. The ceremony that is. Unless you're in good standing with the LDS church and a member, of course...you'll never see a wedding inside the temple. The reception, yes...but never the wedding.
              ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by rainbabies View Post
                from what I know, from my friend who is a devout LDS, it's very guarded. The ceremony that is. Unless you're in good standing with the LDS church and a member, of course...you'll never see a wedding inside the temple. The reception, yes...but never the wedding.
                Rapunzel sent me a PM with a general overview of the ceremony and the Church's understanding of the institution of marriage. Thanks. Yes, she explained the closed nature of the temple ceremony.

To an LDS member, my remark that since "I'm not LDS, I've never seen to an LDS wedding" must sound like a redundancy and a statement of the obvious--sort of like saying that since "I've never been involved with a grand jury, I've never seen a grand jury proceeding" (since grand juries are also closed proceedings). But Rapunzel was nice about it--she didn't seem to think I was a total idiot for not knowing that the ceremony was closed!

Comment

very nice! glad you got an explanation. i didn't feel comfortable sharing, as i know it is very special...

Comment

A friend of a friend's mother couldn't attend her ceremony because she wasn't LDS.
                    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbabies View Post
                      It's something that we do hold very sacred. In fact, for us it is one of the most sacred acts you can perform in this life. I'm happy to pm anyone answers to any questions about our beliefs. I'm just a little guarded about discussing it in public because I've learned it is not something I would debate or argue about.
                      Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                      With fingernails that shine like justice
                      And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

thought some of you would appreciate this...i'm not sure if it was mentioned on the today show when they were on. i'm guessing because chris(beat up rihanna)brown is the singer, that is why the decision was made

http://www.jkweddingdance.com/

ETA: i just reread the site, CB is why.

Comment

Working...
                        X