Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

seasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seasons

What is your favorite season?
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Mine is fall, when it's crisp, clear, cool enough for a light jacket, and there are crunchy leaves underfoot.
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Mine WAS fall (in Texas because that signals the end of a long, hot summer) but it is NOW spring (in Mass. because it signals the end of a long, coooooold winter).
      Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
      With fingernails that shine like justice
      And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Summer-

the dogs days of summer when walking at 10pm melts your shoes. I don't know why but I've always loved the heat and humidity. Good thing I'm living in San Antonio and heading back to DC! Both cities can fill the bill!

Jenn

Comment

Honestly, I love Spring, Summer, and Fall equally....It is winter that I loathe from the core of my being. (O.K. so I can be a bit of a drama queen sometimes...)

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I like Spring, all the newness of everything coming out of winter.
            I love Summer, I too love the heat and the humidity...guess that comes from being a country boy!

DW loves Fall, sweatshirts and coffee....I think that mostly comes from being from Seattle!!

Comment

My favorite is Summer, I grew up in Mississippi and love the humidity.
              Luanne
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Something I really do miss a great deal about TX in the summer: the smell of honeysuckle on a humid evening - it's very romantic and nostalgic all at the same time for me. Also, I have super-curly hair and it always works better in high humidity - this winter in New England just about destroyed my hair.
                Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                With fingernails that shine like justice
                And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

I love spring the most, but fall also has its moments -- that crisp feeling in the air, even though it is still warm out. (Although I can't remember fall ever feeling like that since I have been in TX!) I do NOT miss winter at all, or snow. I spent 28 1/2 years of my life living in a climate where it snows and I don't care if I ever see it again, although I probably will. I loved living in San Antonio, where saying "winter coat" was redundant -- if you wore any kind of jacket, of course it was winter. Yes, it got horribly hot in the summer, but you could always go swimming or to a water park. And it was rarely as humid in San Antonio as it can be for days on end in Indiana in August. Going Christmas shopping wearing a t-shirt always made me feel like I was on a permanent vacation.

Sally
                  Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

seasons

Spring and Summer...definately...and after this last looooooong MN winter, all I can say is pppppppptttttttttttttttthhhhhhhh winter! I hate winter...dark, gloomy, depressing, gray...yuk!!!!!

Bring on the SUN!

kris
                    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Now I remember why some people fiercely love their Minnesota. It is awful beautiful up here six months of the year. I sit out on our deck drinking coffee and soaking up the smell of pine trees. Now, if we can just do something about November through early April.

You know that this nature girl is wearing a grin.

Kelly
                      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Fall--the chill in the air, the crunch of the leaves and the way the sunlight looks in September, getting back to baking again after a long hot summer...

and Spring--watching everything wake up--the first robin, the first crocus and how wonderfully everything smells.

Comment

I enjoy the Spring, it is full of beauty and peace. It is always a good time to reflect and to make future goals.

Comment

Working...
                          X