Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Damn you autocorrect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn you autocorrect

Damnyouautocorrect.com

For those with iPhones...my mom goes by Memere to the grandkids....she texted me from my dads phone "tell the boys mended and p-pa miss them.". She then tried to correct mended and ended up with "menses". Funny. Russ' always autocorrects "so" to "^^^so" and we have no idea why or what it means.
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

I hate autocorrect. There's got to be a way to turn it off...
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I know - when it works, it's great. But, when it doesn't work, it's just super annoying. That website is funny, though!
      Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

Apples autocorrect is especially infuriating b/c you have to opt out of the correction, rather than accept it. I often embarrass myself on fb when typing on my iPad.

Comment

On the iPhone, go to settings, then general, then keyboard. There you can opt out of autocorrect. I think it might be similar on the iPad.
          Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Apple's autocorrect has made me lazy. I sometimes try to type things on my laptop like I do on the iPhone and get upset when it doesn't autocorrect. On the other hand, it's pretty annoying that I have to keep typing the entire word when I really just want to select the bubble with the correct word and have it auto-fill.
            Cristina
            IM PGY-2

Comment

I tried to write that someone in the neighborhood had a hearse in their driveway and it said "HORSE"... not at all what I was trying to say.

Then I tried to tell DH I was having a sh*tty day and it told him I had a "SHIRT" day.... Gah it drives me nuts!
              Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

I started feeling sick at church a few weeks ago and decided to go home. I texted DH (who had gotten there late and was sitting in the balcony) that I was feeling yucky and was going home. As I was driving home, I get a text from him: "who is Ricky?"
                Auto-correct had caused my text to him to read "I am feeling Ricky and am going home". So now Ricky is my new imaginary boyfriend.
                Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

that is super fabulous!

I tried to reply to a friend's FB thread the other day, asking if "that was really the litmus test he wanted to go with" (joking about sanity), and my autocorrect made it say "litmus TEAT".

Comment

Uh oh, someone tell Amy Sederis her boyfriend is cheating w/ Sally! ; )

Comment

Working...
                    X