Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Top Ten signs that you are married to a dawktor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Ten signs that you are married to a dawktor

You knew it was coming, let's hear them....
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Your job description includes everything under the sun that could possibly be done to or around a house. Carpenter, painter, home network expert, installer, etc.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

You go to every wedding, event, whatever stag.

Some of your friends joke he doesn't actually exists because they have never met him.
      -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
      Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
      Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

-You can't help but laugh maniacally at friends and family who bitch about their "insane!" $20K worth of student loans.

-You can plan a multi-state relocation in your sleep.

-You no longer associate holidays with family time.

-You've accepted the fact that you owe more on the med school student debt than you do on your mortgage.

Comment

- you've lived in a different home for each trimester of your pregnancy.

- you've spent Christmas in a mental hospital.

- Thanksgiving, New Years, Labor Day, New Year's Eve, and your birthday are just another day.
          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

-you've heard multiple times how lucky you are to have landed a doctor. My personal favorite variation of this was when a Wendy's employee gushed "Oh, honey, you sure know how to pick a husband" based on the sole piece of info that DH was a surgeon. For the record, she stated this IN FRONT OF MY CHILDREN!

-As Abigail would say, you could be a published, homeschooling, Nobel Prize winning Supreme Court Justice and somehow people would still fawn over the medical career.

-Neighbors ask you for your medical opinion even though you are not in the field

-You categorize time frames of your life in chunks like med school, residency, fellowship, first attending job, full professor, Department Chair....

-You have books in your house that you can't comprehend even though they are written in your native tongue
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Your life post-divorce isn't that much different than when you were married, in terms of how much time you saw each other...
              Kris

Comment

When your colleagues assign you to tasks for which you're not qualified, because you're married to a dawkter "and you know this stuff, too." (uh, no? I've SEEN seizures, not treated them)

When everyone assumes you're going stag and are somewhat shocked (and/or put off) if the dawkter shows up.

When the waitresses at the pizza place around the corner assume that you and your (female) neighbor are partners because you're there together every week with the kid.

Comment

You talk to DH like a child when he is post call... 'go and take bath now....*ignores*..can you please go take a bath?...*silence*... you drag him from the chair/couch and pushes him into the bathroom and after that you gotta dry his hair FOR HIM, or else he would just flop on the bed and make a wet patch on the pillows...it really annoys me..

You have control of the financial situation at home... i meant total control..*insert wicked smiley here*....oh and he has no idea when is pay day.. how much he gets paid per month...how much is left in the checking account...when are the bills supposed to be paid and how the quarters are always mysteriously available for the washing machine...how the cash is always made available in his wallet...i could go on and on with this.....
                  Match Day was the happiest day of my life... followed by my wedding day...

Comment

Other than the detritus of their existence strewn about the house (scrubs, drug-of-the-month pens, medical journals, etc.), there is no other evidence of a spouse's presence. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by labmouse View Post
                      You talk to DH like a child when he is post call... 'go and take bath now....
                      We have a standing rule that my husband is NOT ALLOWED to make any decisions post-call, like not even what he wants to eat or whether or not he wants to shower, sleep etc. Nothing. It is definitely like having a kid. Except one with exceptionally man-smelly socks that make gag. For reals.

Comment

- if you have ever taken a pager, cell phone, wallet, ID, or stethoscope to the hospital.
                        Cristina
                        IM PGY-2

Comment

[QUOTE=labmouse;505235]You talk to DH like a child when he is post call... 'go and take bath now....*ignores*..can you please go take a bath?...*silence*... you drag him from the chair/couch and pushes him into the bathroom and after that you gotta dry his hair FOR HIM, or else he would just flop on the bed and make a wet patch on the pillows...it really annoys me..

QUOTE]

OMG, I thought I was the only one that does this. I just hate dragging along the zombie husband.
                          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                            OMG, I thought I was the only one that does this. I just hate dragging along the zombie husband.
                            Definitely not, like I said my husband not only acts and looks like a zombie post-call he SMELLS like one. Ugh. I'm so glad I have that to look forward to Q2-3 for the next 6 years...

Comment

Plenty of pens and you never bought any of them.
                              Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
                              X