Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

His depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• His depression

I know others get down sometimes but my soon to be path resident is
    down, well, most of the time. He hates the date he ever decided to be a doctor. He is swimming in debt(soon I will be too as we are getting married in Feb. ) I know things will get better eventually $$ wise. However, he so depressed.
    Do I take him to a phychologist? Really, I have no idea. He's been depressed for about a year now, off and on. It's hard for me to see him so unhappy. I know others get down too, but do others get down this often? I'm just not sure if this is unusual or usual.

Depression is such an awful thing! I would certainly encourage him to at least talk to somebody. He may need medication, but he also might just need to talk to someone who has been in his shoes and "made it" to the other side. Men tend to worry about money issues anyway, but he may need a bit of help here. Do you think that he would be open to seeing a therapist about it? If so, I wouldn't hesitate.

Good luck -- keep us posted.

Comment

I second the idea of talking to someone. He may need to just talk, or he may need medication. Maybe you could ask him to go with you to talk to someone, just to get him in the door. Best of luck to you.
      Luanne
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I agree, it sounds like it's time to get some outside help.
        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Russ started to get really depressed this first year...even around the time of our wedding...but I started noticing that he would be better on Thursday afternoons and start to get worse on Sundays...he hates med school...but he really wants to be a doctor...if summer vacation hadn't hit when it did, I would have definitely had him start talking to someone... If it happens again this year, I'm not going to wait so long.

I agree that it's time for outside help.

Michele
          Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
          X