Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

E-mail from MIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-mail from MIL

Apparently this e-mail has gone viral: http://gawker.com/5817134/meddling-m...-about-manners
    I particularly like how she was chastised for not sending thank you notes (MrsK!)

Oh holy crap!
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

At first I was reading this thinking, wow, this girl does sound kind of rude! I can't stand it when people won't eat my food. Then I got to the part about being diabetic. hahaha! That is a crazy MIL! I thought mine was bad!
      -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Comment

yes, holy crap!
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Sounds like two rude women.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I approved of the reference to "Ladette to lady".

Comment

Funny thing is that for the most part I agree with the MIL's rules of ettiquite, except for the part where the MIL has decided that it is proper for her to comment on another's rude behaviour.
              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Pot calling the kettle black.

Being right doesn't make you right.

Comment

There's more articles about it. Apparently the MIL sent it THREE times, to make sure it arrived. Yeah...pretty sure she is a bitch.
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

She started eating before everyone else... When she was a guest.

I am not super compassionate about the diabetes angle. I mean, she's getting married. She should be able to deal with it a little bit more graciously.

And dissing her future in laws in the local pub??

Anyway, MIL sounds like she's no peach either. Refining school! Ok.

I'm with Kris. They both sound like Rude People.
                    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Freddie is probably marrying someone just like his mother !
                      Tara
                      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not having a lot of luck coming up with much sympathy for either of them.
                        Sandy
                        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I think we can all agree they are both a piece of work. All though this in only MIL's side of the story and we all know how some of them can greatly exaggerate. It just struck me as crazy that anyone would have such little grace to send an e-mail like that. Especially, someone chastising someone else about manners!!
                          Last edited by Chrisada; 06-30-2011, 06:47 PM.

Comment

I don't know...some of the stuff especially about food seems a little suspect considering she has diabetes. Perhaps the "declaring what she would and would not eat" etc. had more to do with controlling her disease than her being rude.
                            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                              I don't know...some of the stuff especially about food seems a little suspect considering she has diabetes. Perhaps the "declaring what she would and would not eat" etc. had more to do with controlling her disease than her being rude.
                              That's what I was thinking.

I think the MIL had some valid points, but you do not send an email like this.

Comment

Working...
                              X