Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

For the Doctor Who geeks among us:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the Doctor Who geeks among us:

I can't possibly be the only one here, can I?

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/...ed_to_see.html

The video at the above link is pure awesome. I got a little sad seeing Lis there all energetic, but glad, too. Matt Smith is great, but I do miss David Tennant. Nice to see John Barrowman, too!
    Sandy
    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

That was great. I'll have to send the link to DH. I actually enjoyed watching some episodes with him. We both loved David Tennant.
    Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

That was all over Google Plus yesterday. I still haven't convinced DH to try Doctor Who (even though we're always searching for a new sci-fi series especially in the wake of BSG) but the video made me want to see it for sure!
      Alison

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
        That was all over Google Plus yesterday. I still haven't convinced DH to try Doctor Who (even though we're always searching for a new sci-fi series especially in the wake of BSG) but the video made me want to see it for sure!
        It's *so* well-done, especially the Stephen Moffat episodes. Start with the beginning of the recent stuff (Eccleston - first ep is 'rose") - no real knowledge of the older stuff is necessary, and they finally have a real budget; just know that Eccleston is the ninth guy to play the doctor and he regenerates when he dies (ie is played by a different actor) - it'll keep you busy for a while: 13-15ish one-hour episodes per season and they recently finished airing season 6.
        Sandy
        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by poky View Post
          It's *so* well-done, especially the Stephen Moffat episodes. Start with the beginning of the recent stuff (Eccleston - first ep is 'rose") - no real knowledge of the older stuff is necessary, and they finally have a real budget; just know that Eccleston is the ninth guy to play the doctor and he regenerates when he dies (ie is played by a different actor) - it'll keep you busy for a while: 13-15ish one-hour episodes per season and they recently finished airing season 6.
          *Thank* you! I knew that there were many seasons with many different Doctors, but I didn't know where we could jump in. Can't wait.
          Alison

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
            *Thank* you! I knew that there were many seasons with many different Doctors, but I didn't know where we could jump in. Can't wait.
            Always happy to help convert more people. There was a long gap of no new episodes before the recent stuff started in 2005, so it's essentially a fresh start anyway, which is why they restarted season numbers; if you get *really* into it, you can always dive into the older stuff later to get more background. There are a lot of nods to the earlier stuff in the newer episodes, but they're not essential for enjoyment. Some standout episodes: the first season has the empty child/the doctor dances (two-parter) - at *least* watch through those before giving up; some of the first few episodes are a little corny, but meeting captain jack and seeing what stephen moffat can do with creepy and suspense is *so* worth it. Blink, in season 3, is arguably the best standalone episode of all, even though the doctor's hardly in it. Silence in the library/forest of the dead (two-parter in season 4) is very very good as well, and sets up the character of River Song, who plays a HUGE part in season 6.
            Sandy

Comment

I and my brother are fond of this one. Thank you for sharing; now I will share this with my dear brother. Unfortunately, we can’t see it together now as we used to earlier, because he is away from home but will surely send him the link.

Comment

Working...
              X