Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Favorite fall things...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite fall things...

Well, I'm sitting here, laptop actually in my lap, sitting under a blanket with a cup of tea on the table and a cat curled up on my feet. I love fall. It's a dank, chilly day here in DC and I want no parts in leaving my couch. I finished my report for work, emailed it and am now debating between watching college football or reading the newspaper. Ahhhhhh.

You can't do these things in the summer! (I can always tell when the weather is turning colder, suddenly the cats are clingy!)

Jenn

You're right, Jenn, fall is a nice respite from the hot summer temperatures. I like it because it is the precursor to winter when I get to see snow which I love! The temps are cooler, the kids are in school, and it's the calm before the storm - Thanksgiving and Christmas! Time really flies doesn't it? It's like once October hits the rest of the year just flies by and next thing you know it's New Year's!

Comment

I love fall! This will sound stupid, but I love wearing sweaters and Fall is the time of year that I can just put on my favorite sweater and feel totally comfortable without a coat. I also love all of the beautiful colors. We have a tree in our back yard that turns into this brilliant shade of orange during the fall. I had always wanted a tree like that and somehow didn't realize we had one until I was driving up our street one fall day. I saw this huge beautiful tree looming above the houses and thought, gosh that is a beautiful tree. Imagine how stupid I felt when I pulled up to my house and realized it was actually our tree!
      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Originally posted by SueC
        This will sound stupid, but I love wearing sweaters and Fall is the time of year that I can just put on my favorite sweater and feel totally comfortable without a coat.
        I don't think this sounds stupid, it's actually my very favorite thing about fall! I love sweaters too, and I love the cozy feeling I get when I put on a big, warm sweater. Fall is absolutely my favorite season, I love this time of year!!
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I also love the Fall, but I HATE winter. The only problem witht the beautiful trees is I have quite a few of them and I hate to rake leaves.
          Luanne
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Cooler?? It is supposed to get cooler? I'm so jealous! We are still hot here in TX.

My favorite thing that I miss the sound of the leaves crunching under your feet. And fresh hot apple cider.

Can't wait to finish med school so we can move back up north!

Comment

Whoops! I didn't know that I wasn't signed in.
              Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

We actually had a terrific Columbus day weekend enjoying lots of fall things (traveled to central Massachusetts to see my boyfriend's brother and sister-in-law). My official list is:

:arrow: Hot cider (and fresh hot doughnuts if at all possible)
                :arrow: Perfect hiking weather
                :arrow: Pumpkin farms (they're always full of kids who seem to be having the best time, and this year my bf and I got to swap theories about choosing the perfect pumpkin--we managed to find one that pleases us both and bought it from a guy with a beard down to his waist and a gorgeous yellow lab)
                :arrow: New England foliage (the leaves change color where I'm from, too, and it's pretty, but New England has a whole other experience going on--it's the kind of thing you think people are exaggerating until you see it for yourself)
                :arrow: Halloween
                :arrow: Pie (pie is a year-round thing, but somehow it's always best in the fall)
                :arrow: Apple orchards (so pretty to walk through, and nothing beats an apple directly from the tree)
                :arrow: The feel and sound of leaves being crunched underfoot (that's coming up in the next few weeks)
                :arrow: That winds-of-change feeling that's always in the air

It's easily my favorite time of year.
                Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

We went up to the White Mountains in New Hampshire for Columbus Day. It was breathtaking! The mountains are so gorgeous in the fall. I don't care for the chilly weather but I absolutely adore the landscape of this season! And, we've decided (Jon and I) that we want a vacation house in New Hampshire someday - we absolutely fell in love with that state.

Jennifer
                  Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                  With fingernails that shine like justice
                  And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

I love seeing the leaves change and feeling the nip in the air. Neither of those things ever happened when we lived in San Antonio, but I get to experience a little bit of both where we live now. I love the taste of apple cider, the smell of wood smoke from a campfire/cookout, and a bowl of soup on nippy nights.

I have to say that although the summers here really stink, even worse than in San Antonio, our weather for the past few weeks has been just about perfect.....70s to low 80s during the day, low 50s at night. I have been enjoying the fresh air and have had as many windows open as possible.

Sally
                    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Originally posted by Rapunzel
                      We went up to the White Mountains in New Hampshire for Columbus Day. It was breathtaking! The mountains are so gorgeous in the fall. I don't care for the chilly weather but I absolutely adore the landscape of this season! And, we've decided (Jon and I) that we want a vacation house in New Hampshire someday - we absolutely fell in love with that state.
                      Hey, we love the Whites, too! My boyfriend's family used to vacation up there when he was a kid, so he's always loved it, and we took a trip up there last summer and I was fully won over. My boyfriend also talks about wanting to live there at some point--I'm not sure that will happen, but I'm sure we haven't seen our last of the place.

I would love to see it in the fall--Massachusetts foliage wasn't in peak over Columbus Day weekend, but I heard that New Hampshire was. I bet it was amazing.
                      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Favorite thing: brilliant fall colors and crunching leaves under my feet as I try to get a few more long runs in before the running season is over in earnest. In a few short weeks, the mind games will begin as the weather begins to question my commitment.

Kelly
                        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                        X